Ultimate Subaru Message Board

What does it mean when your obd2 stops sending Intake Air Temp data to your scanner?

It's there. It's always there. You just have to look harder. :)

If it were not sending data it would show up as a communication error. The communication protocol doesn't allow the ECU to "not send" the outputs from one sensor or another. Outputs from every sensor are embedded in a hexadecimal code that is transfered from the ECU to the scanner, deciphered by the scanner and displayed accordingly.

More than likely it's just a setting on the scanner that needs to be changed.

It's an Innova 3140. and.... I got a fresh one through Amazon overnight and it wouldn't show me the IAT either. WTF? Again...not knowing is gonna kill me but you like to see things work like they're suppose to. I did assume it was part of the MAF initially.

I think ( I might be wrong ) DOHC use the MAF sensor for this duty. Turbos have them, not too sure about SOHC engines, I think it depends upon the year.

Not all cars have IAT sensors. You THINK you saw it, I think you may have not. :grin:

Edited by nipper

I think ( I might be wrong ) DOHC use the MAF sensor for this duty. Turbos have them, not too sure about SOHC engines, I think it depends upon the year.

Not all cars have IAT sensors. You THINK you saw it, I think you may have not. :grin:

It was late on Christmas eve and I did have a few beers but I know because I saw it in celsuis. It was only on celcius in my 98 Legacy Outback 2.5. that night then I changed to F. Does anyone know that it does or does not and that I have have been tripping? :eek:

It was late on Christmas eve and I did have a few beers but I know because I saw it in celsuis. It was only on celcius in my 98 Legacy Outback 2.5. that night then I changed to F. Does anyone know that it does or does not and that I have have been tripping? :eek:

You had way too much Christmas cheer. that year doesnt have one (I have one parked infront of my house so you can trust me on that)