Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Todays Project

ANYWAYS! yes, stop whining about everything....

if it helps, I actually took pictures of one mf my setups.... (ea81) but close enough to ea82, it might help you out

or if this helps-

hook one hose up to drivers side crank case breather to the PCV valve.

hook another hose to the passenger side breather, and route that hose to the airbox (into the air filter box)

see pics- http://usmb.net/gallery/album159

if your local, you could come find me and I can just show you in person how to do it.... (either at home, or at my work)

pm me for details

So, does anybody know what that little T-like fitting on the drivers side does? In the stock setup, it's got a smaller diameter line going into the air filter housing somewhere. I can only assume that it allows filtered air in under certain conditions or something like that.

that smaller line, is only on the older cars. on the newer ea82s like the loyale, they switched to a t that is the same diameter, on all 3 hose barbs. it took care of morganms problem of puking oil around clover leafs.

mine is Ted to a hose with a filter on it. pvc vavle is plugged, because its a vac leak.

and... smoking and pressure out of the oil cap is either pvc screwed up, or your rings are shot to hell. thats called blow by.

and... this is not a performance mod, the stuff you are taking off, is inactive, when you are flooring it. the only thing you are doing is keeping your carb cleaner, and making it so you can see your heads.

no it didn't smoke out the oil cap, but when i had the two crank case hoses hooked together then on the 3rd side of the T i had the filter and it smoked out the filter.

now i hooked my driver side crankcase breather tot he PCV hose on the back of the intake, and the passenger side just has the breather on it.