Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bad news...

2 months ago my 84' brat dies, blew a cam on the highway, brought it back to my house and put it in the garage. its been sitting there ever since. were trying to find a engine or someone who can rebuild mine. but now that its hail season and I need to park my other can thats actually running in the garage so it doesnt get damaged.

can I park it on the side of the house? or is that some code violation?

if I can park it there then disregard everything im about to say.

so the plans were to lift this beast 4 inches and put 15's and 27's on her but now my mom thinks we should store it at my grandfathers place until it gets fixed, but im worried about never getting it fixed and it just sitting another 5 years.

so what I have to say it that if i store it at my grandfathers then I have a full 4 inch lift kit for sale. Brand New.

-4 inch lift kit

-4 inch back shocks

all together I payed $440 for the lift and $60 for the shocks so Im looking to at least get my money back but ill go with $600 takes it all.

thank you

SJ

can I park it on the side of the house? or is that some code violation?

if I can park it there then disregard everything im about to say.

It really depends on your neighborhood. If you have a neighborhood association, then you probably cannot have a non-running vehicle outside. If you don't, you can probably get away with it as long as moss doesn't start growing on it. But consult your local city ordinances and or HOA's (if you have em)

If its going to hail.... maybe find a way to protect that rare brat... plywood over it or something?? just something to protect the body unless its already dented all up.

There is a law that says I cant park on the side of my house, so i guess the brats going to be stored outside, but Im going to put a tarp on it and cover the windshield with cardboard and stuff to protect it from hail damage.

still desciding if I want to sell the lift, Ill make this a feeler, so any takers?

SJ

You guys get baseball to softball size hail numerous times a year. Nothing but a garage will protect from that. Are there any rental storage units you could find to put it in.

not will what I make, I looked into carports so I can leave it in the garage and park outside but there out of my price range.

SJ

I remember OKC pick n pull last summer: lots of old nice rustfree cars, with HUGE hail dents all over totalled out from basketball size hail that hit.

Can you get some scrap lumber and build some sort of 2x4 frame and cover it with plywood sheets over the Brat.

Ill do what I can. the brat already has some hail damage. the windshield is cracked and there are some dents on the hood. I was going to get around to fixing them but now it seems like im going to have to wait till I get an engine.

should I keep the lift and wait till I get the brat running( which I dont know how long that will be) or should I sell the lift and put the money into my WRX?

SJ

Get a book...take apart engine.sell lift kit to buy parts to repair engine.

I can take apart one of my many spare engines for a cam shaft.

get it running.g again and worry about lift afterwards ..lift kit and nonrunning engine does you no good.

I would go with some sort of plywood covering to protect from hail.

Get it apart!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just in Enid Oklahoma last 2 weeks...work next is at national weather service in Norman Oklahoma ....I could pack a part

Get a book...take apart engine.sell lift kit to buy parts to repair engine.

I can take apart one of my many spare engines for a cam shaft.

get it running.g again and worry about lift afterwards ..lift kit and nonrunning engine does you no good.

I would go with some sort of plywood covering to protect from hail.

Get it apart!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just in Enid Oklahoma last 2 weeks...work next is at national weather service in Norman Oklahoma ....I could pack a part

How much for a cam? and I dont know what else is wrong with the engine, other things could be wrong. I guess I could take it out next week during spring break.

give me a price quote and shipping on a cam for a ea81.

SJ

For my time. To disassemble ..and other related parts. $75 shipping included...if can broke. Hopefully block still good....I would definitely disassemble and figure out what parts you actually need...I will send anytimg you need...just sucks that engine so much to ship.

For my time. To disassemble ..and other related parts. $75 shipping included...if can broke. Hopefully block still good....I would definitely disassemble and figure out what parts you actually need...I will send anytimg you need...just sucks that engine so much to ship.

Ok sounds good. Don't know when I'll be able to pull it. But I'll let you know.

SJ