Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Don't Order From steeringrack.com

I ordered a rack and pinion for my SVX online from http://www.steeringrack.com, but their site said NOTHING about shipping times. I called them the next day. After about 15 phone calls, dealing with instant hang-ups, voice mail messages and busy signals, I was finally able to get through to an incoherent, babbling buffoon of a woman.

I asked them how long it would be before I received my rack and pinion. They told me they didn't even have it in stock. I asked why it was listed on their website and why they charged me for a part they didn't even have. The stupid woman simply said "I don't know".

That very same phone call I asked for a refund of the $485 they charged me for the imaginary part. This was a week ago. The refund never came through.

After getting the run-around I was forced to open a dispute with my bank.

Don't order from these jokers.

Hey, I won't:) So what's your options...get money back first, I guess. This is the state of things at Rock Auto. Rebuild yours.

1992 SUBARU SVX LSL 3.3L 3318cc H6 MFI (3) DOHC : Steering : Rack and Pinion Complete Unit WikiPriceCoreTotalA-1 CARDONE Part # 261976 MoreInfo2.png Reman. A-1 CARDONE (Complete) - Hydraulic Power Steering Rack & Pinon - Return and Rebuild Service Only - By ordering this service you are agreeing to send your original part to the manufacturer to be rebuilt. Rebuild time is approximately 3-5 business days. You will be contacted with directions once the order is placed. For more information please contact Customer Service.

us.gifca.gif Includes Inner Tie Rods261976-01.jpg

$281.79$75.00$356.79

I ordered a rack and pinion for my SVX online from www.steeringrack.com, but their site said NOTHING about shipping times. I called them the next day. After about 15 phone calls, dealing with instant hang-ups, voice mail messages and busy signals, I was finally able to get through to an incoherent, babbling buffoon of a woman.

I asked them how long it would be before I received my rack and pinion. They told me they didn't even have it in stock. I asked why it was listed on their website and why they charged me for a part they didn't even have. The stupid woman simply said "I don't know".

That very same phone call I asked for a refund of the $485 they charged me for the imaginary part. This was a week ago. The refund never came through.

After getting the run-around I was forced to open a dispute with my bank.

Don't order from these jokers.

It pays to do a websearch before ordering from a company. Type in "steeringrack. com review" and see what comes up. I sure hope that you paid by credit card. Anyway, thanks for the heads up.