Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SE WI, Milwaukee Regional/Subaru Alliance

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no OHV trails around here, theres like one way up by Rhinelander so I've seen. thats about it, anything else would be illegel unless we know someone with private land.

I would like to do some wheeling this year before its over!

I'm not sure how legal it is, but everyone and their mother goes here in Cedarburg: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=five+corners+cedarburg+wi&aq=&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=40.59616,79.013672&ie=UTF8&hq=five+corners&hnear=Cedarburg,+Ozaukee,+Wisconsin&ll=43.321338,-88.0117&spn=0.002283,0.006866&t=h&z=18

The entrance is marked by a cone off HWY60 just west of 5-Corners. My neighbor's always taking his Jeep there, and I think most of it is suited to big redneck trucks and not Subarus. I've heard of at least one stock WRX getting stuck in there. LIFTED Subarus might do okay though....

Marc says most of the wheeling he did was on the western side of the state - Sauk City, Black River Falls, even out at Fort McCoy - but the outings were organized by the club with proper permissions and what not obtained ahead of time.

he also says to get hold of a club and find out where they go

It is in my garage as I wasn't sure what the plan was for it, and I did not want it to get damaged sitting in the shop as things tend to do down there.

When do you need the valance?

It makes me wonder how much of these things you have fro sale cam e from that load. Not that i really care, other than i wanted to know ALL of what was in that lot before divying it up, knowing what i will need, and then everyone gets their pick.

I never got to look at this stuff since i was up under a car the whole time it was being loaded. And the stuff to be picked was to be used for yourselves, not to be sold! I am enforcing this since the last time i gave parts away, they were turned around and sold, when i could have sold or used them myself.

It makes me wonder how much of these things you have fro sale cam e from that load. Not that i really care, other than i wanted to know ALL of what was in that lot before divying it up, knowing what i will need, and then everyone gets their pick.

I never got to look at this stuff since i was up under a car the whole time it was being loaded. And the stuff to be picked was to be used for yourselves, not to be sold! I am enforcing this since the last time i gave parts away, they were turned around and sold, when i could have sold or used them myself.

Miles - there were absolutely NO Legacy/Outback parts in all of that - only EA82 stuff, so the only thing listed here in the USMB classifieds that could even remotely be from that pile is the am/fm unit...

:confused: I dont want to start a war/squabbles here, but - from what i saw, Miles did pay for the stuff so he should have say over what happens with it. OK? Please? :confused:

Fox, know all the facts before making acusations. Everything I have listed For Sale on here is stuff I have had (Either stuff I have taken off TW10 or stuff I have bought and never used) That EA82 radio is the original from my Loyale.

The only thing I kept from that load was a Headlight, that new front valance to keep from getting damaged, and that '83 Bike Rack as I wanted to see what it looked like put together.

If you really have an issue and don't trust me, then why don't you come over here face to face and check it out, to see that I am not selling sh*t out from under you.

I know Fox paided for all the goodies, but remember, who trucked this stuff all the way back and blew $40 in fuel (As I paid for the first and last fill up)

I am going to give you that Valance, Headlight and your $50 back this weekend so I don't hear any pissing or moaning.

Edited by TheLoyale

Not trying to point a finger. I have dreams at night that frustrate me about losing or keep ing track of my things. Like i said, it really doesnt matter, other than i just never looked at all the parts.

I am also frustrated with the shop building, picking up large messes, and continually moving large volumes of too many things. Again, You are welcome to any of the parts in the stash, just so long i make sure there are parts that i will need.

And as far as selling parts goes, first i will distribute any parts to all of our cars that need a missing or better piece. The rest i would sell on usmb to midwest regions, since the parts are scarcer, and use the funds to get into autosports where we would be team drivers.

Fox, know all the facts before making acusations. Everything I have listed For Sale on here is stuff I have had (Either stuff I have taken off TW10 or stuff I have bought and never used) That EA82 radio is the original from my Loyale.

The only thing I kept from that load was a Headlight, that new front valance to keep from getting damaged, and that '83 Bike Rack as I wanted to see what it looked like put together.

If you really have an issue and don't trust me, then why don't you come over here face to face and check it out, to see that I am not selling sh*t out from under you.

I know Fox paided for all the goodies, but remember, who trucked this stuff all the way back and blew $40 in fuel (As I paid for the first and last fill up)

I am going to give you that Valance, Headlight and your $50 back this weekend so I don't hear any pissing or moaning.

Not trying to point a finger. I have dreams at night that frustrate me about losing or keep ing track of my things. Like i said, it really doesnt matter, other than i just never looked at all the parts.

I am also frustrated with the shop building, picking up large messes, and continually moving large volumes of too many things. Again, You are welcome to any of the parts in the stash, just so long i make sure there are parts that i will need.

And as far as selling parts goes, first i will distribute any parts to all of our cars that need a missing or better piece. The rest i would sell on usmb to midwest regions, since the parts are scarcer, and use the funds to get into autosports where we would be team drivers.

All right you two - just stop it! If i had thought for even one minute that there would be hard feelings caused by all of that crap, I would never have agreed to the deal (or convinced Marc to agree to it) in the first place! :mad: Dang it all!

I really detest the bickering going on here - makes me wish i had not agreed to the deal and just suffered with my leaking motor - so can we PLEASE, just kiss & make up here?? Pretty please? It's just a bunch of parts for cryin out loud - not worth damaging friendships over!!!:dead: :-\

Miles - there were absolutely NO Legacy/Outback parts in all of that - only EA82 stuff, so the only thing listed here in the USMB classifieds that could even remotely be from that pile is the am/fm unit...

:confused: I dont want to start a war/squabbles here, but - from what i saw, Miles did pay for the stuff so he should have say over what happens with it. OK? Please? :confused:

sorry folks, as i woke up from a bad dream, and totally missed the 'legacy'part of the thread. i was trippen, and i'll admit that. There is no reason for me to not trust anyone. I just have compounding frustrations in regard to keeping track of things and finding time to do something for myself amidst all of this 'services' i do for other people. I am over it, as i have sent a PM to tom with an apology.

I am fine with tom seeing my apologies, and no mention of this from here as it never happened.

my fault

Don miller meet is coming next weekend, we shoud start discussing it more deeply as far as convoying and wht we do before/after and such, and if we have extra drivers to drive our extra cars.

Since they want me to call the announcements at the end of the show, i wonder if i can get away with throwing the turntables in the back of the car and just emcee the whole event? I would bring it for the novelty, at least

sorry folks, as i woke up from a bad dream, and totally missed the 'legacy'part of the thread. i was trippen, and i'll admit that. There is no reason for me to not trust anyone. I just have compounding frustrations in regard to keeping track of things and finding time to do something for myself amidst all of this 'services' i do for other people. I am over it, as i have sent a PM to tom with an apology.

I am fine with tom seeing my apologies, and no mention of this from here as it never happened.

my fault

At least your big enough to admit you made a mistake, some people cant even do that. Obviously i wont be headin up there for the meet though i wish i could, maybe next year.

Well, you have to if there is no denying it. I would only be fooling myself.

But enough about that. And, speaking of subaru parts.....

I went on to do more brake lines on the 88. There will need to be a compression fitting as both sides that go through the seat are rusted between the union and the grommet.

The rear bleeders on the drms feel like they will break if i try to losen them. I found all of the disc brake hardware minus tthe pads.

I was going to do a poor mans 5 lug and swap on the xt6 hubs, using the ea82 disc calipers and xr6 rotors. Well, the caliper bracket does not clear the xt6 rotors. I trie the 2000 outback calipers. The brackets have different holes. I want to try and get the backing plate from the outback and make it fit, and that should work. The outback rotor is about 1/4 inch larger, but sits too far onto the hub.

So i am waiting on ea82 pads to use the ea82 rotor. So we will still have disc brakes, so i can bleed them!

I really want to go with 5 lug tho, if i can get xt6 caliper brackets, or, maybe, if i can have an xt6 rotor bought new machned down in diameter to fit the ea82 bracket. I have a machine shop to go to if it is possible to do such a thing.

But as i am typing this, i just had an idea. I can do the poor mans 5 lug on the xt6 i have already, since we have Peugeot wheels. I can just swap the ea82 disc brake onto the xt6, and use the xt6 brakes on the 88 3door.

the pugs and the xt wheels are both 195/60 14. So therefore, i can have 5 lug in the front, and 4 lug in the back with the xt, and have all same size wheels.

On the 3door, i can keep 4 lug in front, and 5 lugs in rear. This will acommodate the build plans to use my other set of xt6 control arms and the 2000 outback knukle, brake, and strut on the 3door up front, once i hybrid some axles.

I also have a forester trans 5mt, the rear diff from the outback, and access to the modded driveshaft and crossmemer to go ej in this car.

I like the idea of hybriding the dual range with the forester, having the part time 4wd and forester gears.

The leftover viscous coupling would go in the xr6 trans in my 86 3door.

I have an inverter somewhere, that it could run if i idled the car, and had some deep cell battery in there. I would have to get the fan installed to do that.

Or i could bring a long cord and borrow an outlet.

How many watts do you think 2 turntables with mixer, a sony boom box(which by batteries is DC 12v?

I have an inverter somewhere, that it could run if i idled the car, and had some deep cell battery in there. I would have to get the fan installed to do that.

Or i could bring a long cord and borrow an outlet.

How many watts do you think 2 turntables with mixer, a sony boom box(which by batteries is DC 12v?

I think it would be minimal... the turntables really dont amplify, nor does the mixer. so the power draw should be pretty low. The turn tables might pull a bit more because of the motors that spin them. If you look at the back of the turn table it should give an amp rating where it says "120v 500mA" etc

the 4 channel mixer sitting next to me draws 60 mA, which is nothing.

remember P=i*e

so, Watts = current draw * input voltage

Watts = .06 (60mA) * 120

Watts = 7.2

Technics Sl1210 turn tables draw 14.5watts. my power inverter is like 400 watts, thatd be plenty to power those 3 things. now as far as speaker systems that is where all the power draw is obviously. maybe we can get Dubby Dubs in his jacked up caprice to come along and provide some speakerz. :eek:

Is it bad if I pulled the center shaft all the way out of my 97 OBW transmission? Only asking because I was poking around here again and read that if the shaft is pulled all the way out, then some kind of pin will fall down inside the trans and the trans will have to be torn apart to put the pin back in place. If this is the case then my plans may not go as smoothly as I wanted :(

Edited by 93Newbaru

Is it bad if I pulled the center shaft all the way out of my 97 OBW transmission? Only asking because I was poking around here again and read that if the shaft is pulled all the way out, then some kind of pin will fall down inside the trans and the trans will have to be torn apart to put the pin back in place. If this is the case then my plans may not go as smoothly as I wanted :(

This would be better posted in the new gen forums - as a NEW post/topic...:rolleyes:

This would be better posted in the new gen forums - as a NEW post/topic...:rolleyes:

I'd rather cut through all the bs and have the experts from the alliance help me:grin:

Plus it was kind of a random question that I didnt want to throw up on the board. I try to figure everything out on my own but I have once again collected many cars and would like help on a few things so I can possibly make some casholaaaaa.

Edited by 93Newbaru

I would think you can put it back in, and turn it as it goes to make sure all the splines engage, and same with the torque converter.

Is this a 4eat or a 3at. I have swapped pump shafts around in 3at's with no problem.

When are you going to come to milwaukee, if ever. I would like to organize a meet one day on the order of something like the dealer meets, at least with the capacity to gather 15 or so cars and something to keep it occupied for up to 6 hours.

I have done it befoe, but not without problems with the local police, squishing cheeseburgers on railroad tracks, and almst driving into a river.

I would think you can put it back in, and turn it as it goes to make sure all the splines engage, and same with the torque converter.

Is this a 4eat or a 3at. I have swapped pump shafts around in 3at's with no problem.

When are you going to come to milwaukee, if ever.

Not sure if its a 3 or 4 speed. I'd guess its a 4 though? I havent done much with a lot of the stuff I have but I'll look one of these days. I've been thinking

it kind of sucks that you guys aren't up here, I have been collecting cars from all over and hope to make bank on them but they keep sitting around. Right now I have a 90 legacy wag, 95 legacy LS wag, the 2 matching 89 GL wagons, Two 97 Outbacks both purchased by the same gentleman and both had motor problems, and 2 more in the works possibly for next weekend, 95 legacy wagon and 97 legacy wagon. The good news is that I just picked up a 20 foot flatbed trailer from down in your fine state of WI today so I can move/strip/acquire vehicles even easier. I'm addicted for some reason. Are you asking when I am coming to Milwaukee? I could almost have a meet of my own seeing as I own like 6 Subarus:grin: The only problem is not a single one is roadworthy!!! It would suck to have to show up to a Subaru meet with a minivan or truck :-\

What became of the '87 GL-10?

Not sure if its a 3 or 4 speed. I'd guess its a 4 though? I havent done much with a lot of the stuff I have but I'll look one of these days. I've been thinking

it kind of sucks that you guys aren't up here, I have been collecting cars from all over and hope to make bank on them but they keep sitting around. Right now I have a 90 legacy wag, 95 legacy LS wag, the 2 matching 89 GL wagons, Two 97 Outbacks both purchased by the same gentleman and both had motor problems, and 2 more in the works possibly for next weekend, 95 legacy wagon and 97 legacy wagon. The good news is that I just picked up a 20 foot flatbed trailer from down in your fine state of WI today so I can move/strip/acquire vehicles even easier. I'm addicted for some reason. Are you asking when I am coming to Milwaukee? I could almost have a meet of my own seeing as I own like 6 Subarus:grin: The only problem is not a single one is roadworthy!!! It would suck to have to show up to a Subaru meet with a minivan or truck :-\