Ultimate Subaru Message Board

SE WI, Milwaukee Regional/Subaru Alliance

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right on!

I wanted to build one really sweet car out of it but was quickly realizing that I may never actually build it like I wanted to. Wanted 4" lift, repaint entire car, do all the EJ swap work, rebuild one of the EJ22's I had, have a set of my pugs blasted so I could paint them, buy good tires for them....im sure theres more. Couldn't see spending the time doing it all and was scared to start spending that much money I guess. I'm sure it's at a better home now that won't let it sit around forever!

hmmm - what does the 95 LS wagon have for a tranny & what kind of shape is it in??

my current ride is a 90 LS wagon with the 4EAT - would really like to get back into a manual one of these days...

All the cars I have right now are automatics, I haven't been lucky enough to find many with manuals.

complete cars are better than piles of parts. ypu sell a part off one car, and then all of a sudden you have an incomplere car that either cannot drive or cannot sell.

Don't try to bank on the cars. the idea lf having ithem is to drive them. Yu collect cars to make the ones you have run, and sell/dispose of the leftovers.

spare parts are best kept for the next one that rolls in

otherwise, you are just killing the last of them

All the cars I have right now are automatics, I haven't been lucky enough to find many with manuals.

figures - story of my life too - funny but almost all of the GL's we had go thru here were manuals, but most of the Legacy's are auto's... :rolleyes:

and Miles is correct - keep the cars as complete as possible - make them run if you want to flip them - selling as "parts cars" is not the way to make any money - running driving cars are.

Might i add that if you part off and junk the old models, all of a sudden there are seas of spare parts fro cars that no longer exist. The last car on earth will not need 5 sets of doors

Good points. I just have a hard time getting rid of things that I could use or that could be useful to somebody. There are a number of loyales/gl's around here. The main reason why I was going to scrap the one 89 wagon is that it's pretty rusty, I'd keep the DR trans, driveshaft, rear diff, axles, basically I was going to unbolt the undercarriage from the rust and haul the body in. The idea was to swap everything into the other car, much less rust, only 83,000 on the only EA82 motor that I have that is good, although the windshield is cracked. The rusty car is up on the trailer and hopefully I will have it torn apart soon.

Wasn't Don Miller Subie show this weekend? How did that go down? :)

Went good. I posted some pictures somewhere. Suppose I could post them in here too.

DM2011002.jpg

DM2011004.jpg

DM2011005.jpg

DM2011006.jpg

DM2011003.jpg

DM2011007.jpg

262699_227155877314093_126885220674493_885997_1151616_n.jpg

263700_227329283963419_126885220674493_887625_4197875_n.jpg

Didn't take to many pictures. Shannon on Facebook has hundreds of photos!

Your lifted wagon is very good looking, if only I could spend the time with something I own! That "lovin winter" license plate is cool too.

As promised, I started tearing one of the white wagons apart yesterday.

It had a blown head gasket when I bought it, stuck another motor in it and had head gasket issue with that motor after a few hundred miles, could be my fault. When I hacked the exhaust apart last night it poured water all over my trailer deck. :-\

Here is a picture of my fix on the center bearing mount. When I bought this car it had a wicked vibration. Months later I finally looked underneath it and the driveshaft was hanging on the exhaust. Figured that was the problem. Made this mount and test drove, still lots of vibration! It was the rear U joint in the driveshaft. Good to get the center bearing fixed though, when you'd go to put it in 4wd it would slam into the underbody with a big thud before.

P1020003.jpg

P1020002-1.jpg

P1020012.jpg

P1020014.jpg

dustin schmaus let his motorcycle fall into my 3door. There is like, the rest of the garage on the other side of his car. But his bike was all up on mine. There was a reason i had a preference for the far end.

now comes the impossible: finding a brown fender with no rust

dustin schmaus let his motorcycle fall into my 3door. There is like, the rest of the garage on the other side of his car. But his bike was all up on mine. There was a reason i had a preference for the far end.

Go knock the F******* outta him, beat him with a Fox tail.

atleast the paint is still solid, man, thats some ************, ************in shhhmouse. did his ************ get ************ed up atleast? LOL.

hopefully the dry ice will do the trick, can probably get some free dry ice if you go to the grocery store like pick n save in the mid morning after the frozen food deliverys come in. if i recall. its like M-W-F and maybe saturday deliveries? of course, that was 10-15 yrs ago when i worked in a grocery store

:eek: man im old. HA..

Edited by xbeerd
posted sometning that was meant for DirtyImpreza. LOL!

Lol, I can't picture you being a "Bag boy" :lol:

Do you really think it would matter if his bike got messed up? Dude has layed it down so many times that its a pile anyways.

Fox, get a picture of said "Crease" If its smooth, I wonder if you could pop it out with a rubber mallet?

true, that bikes seen better days. LOL

bagged for 2 yrs, then moved to be the person that could work every department but the butcher shop. I was even a store director for 2 days when the guy at another store had to leave because his wife was having a baby. (likely excuse!)

Lol, I can't picture you being a "Bag boy" :lol:

Do you really think it would matter if his bike got messed up? Dude has layed it down so many times that its a pile anyways.

Fox, get a picture of said "Crease" If its smooth, I wonder if you could pop it out with a rubber mallet?

might be able to work it out with the rubber mallet, have a bodywork block/form on the other side.

i think its time to build a wall between that garage space and the other 3 bays.

:eek: :eek: :eek: NO!!! What is with some people that have no respect for others belongings??? maybe it is time for this person to find other accomodations for his stuff??

:eek: :eek: :eek: NO!!! What is with some people that have no respect for others belongings??? maybe it is time for this person to find other accomodations for his stuff??

unless he is paying to park in there, then just punch him in the *************** and make him not be a *********************.

really. they sensor out 'ch0de':rolleyes: