Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Got the brat back today...

YEAHHHHH!!! :banana:

Got it back today. It had a lot of problems with steady idleling and stalling due to carb issues. My mechanic cleaned up the carb and semi rebuilt it. I also put in a new radiator too. Mine was slowly leaking. Running like a champ now. Got a few intrior pieces coming for Maddcelt here soon to complete my interior somewhat... Next is to hook up the cd player for some tunes and I think Im ready to get this baby painted. I also have the targa stripe to go one it after paint thanks to Pooparu and an A style pushbar as well. Soon to be complete...:)

Edited by biffanyus

• 3 weeks later...

Still waitng to get the a bar on(being painted) and targa stripes on. Should be all done by next week but heres a tease of what she looks like now.. Sorry for the glare Ill try to get better pics when its all done for next time...

post-583-136027647544_thumb.jpg

post-583-136027647555_thumb.jpg

Still waitng to get the a bar on(being painted) and targa stripes on. Should be all done by next week but heres a tease of what she looks like now.. Sorry for the glare Ill try to get better pics when its all done for next time...

I can't wait to see how good those stripe look on your BRAT:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Well got the pushbar all on... Now waiting to hear back from the guy whos going to install the targa stripes... Afriad to attempt that stuff myself. I dont have a steady hand or patience. :eek: Hey Pooparu... Are these hard to put on straight???

Edited by biffanyus

If you've never installed a set before I wouldn't recommend doing it yourself.

Well got the pusbar all on... Now waiting to hear back from the guy whos going to install the targa stripes... Afriad to attempt that stuff myself. I dont have a steady hand or patience. :eek: Hey Pooparu... Are these hard to put on straight???

Regarding the stripes, if they are vinyls, you can mix some dish soap with water in a spray bottle. if you spray the water mixture on the car and lay down the vinyl, it will be easy to work with. use a piece of cardboard or plastic to push out the bubbles, and a blow dryer to dry it up. there's howto vids on youtube. i used to work at a window tint shop, its fairly straight forward... just my two cents. killer brat btw

very clean car! And I laughed, when I saw "NOM" as your plate :P

Why can't automakers make cars with character any more? I was saddened to see the new Legacy get bigger/fatter/slower...

Its actually a NQM not NOM thats what they gave me....