Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Big trouble in little wagon MASS LEAKAGE!!!

Anyone Know what i can do for gaskets or rebuild kits for my recently bought 79 wagon. leakin lots of oil and blowback, gonna check for compression soon and adjust the valves(granted finding a decent mechanic in a new town). Unfortunately this is my daily driver for now until i can park it and really start refurbishing. I'm not super keen on know how or soobs, this is my first "cool" vehicle and its grown on me more than i thought it would in spite of the parts shock.

At first you might think you can't find much for parts but trust me you can find plenty to keep this car moving along. There are complete gasket/seal kits still on eBay ,etc.. Is that what you mean by "parts shock" ?

I have some gasket sets but none for sale right now.

There's still plenty of good used parts out there and even some New Old Stock from a few people. I've got some , "drivesubies" has tons but hasn't gotten his stock quite organized just yet but he's working on it and can probably supply plenty in the meantime.

At least you're in a '79 so that makes it a bit easier to maintain being e'tron ignition.

Are you going to need a mechanic for most services? Anything you feel comfortable doing on your own?