Ultimate Subaru Message Board

engine swap ecu?

im putting a jdm ej20T from a 1994 subaru gc8 in my 1994 impreza, i was wondering if this will require replacing the ecu, if so, could someone link me to a site to buy one? ive looked but could not find one, im pretty sure i have all the other part i need, i bought the whole front end of a gc8, well up to where the firewall starts, the firewall is not intact and theres no dash parts, but i dont really need those, anyway, yea was just wondering. if anyone knows please help, it would save me time trying to match up the pins if i can just get away with replacing the whole ecu

cool, thats not to far off either, i live in central washington. and im gonna try to get him to go down on that ecu because theres an OBO offer, so i offered him 250, which wouldnt be to bad, that 550 that hes trying trying to get for it is way over priced

The ECU will depend on the wiring harness you're using.

And you will need the whole bulkhead harness for the swap.

If you don't have a bulkhead harness, I would highly recommend getting a harness and ECU out of a USDM WRX. Better wiring diagrams, better support, and Open source tuneability.