Ultimate Subaru Message Board

i have a 96 ej25 complete motor

and a 1994 ej22 complete motor

goal is to transplant franken motor into a 94 leg wagon

i know i need to use the 25 headgaskets, and 22 timing components

i should be able to plop the 22 intake and sensors in theer right??

anything else i need to know?

I have never built one myself, but from what I have read, cam upgrade is an important part of the upgrade.

here is a link to a thread I started looking for information about frankenmotors.

http://www.ultimatesubaru.org/forum/showthread.php?t=118814&highlight=frankenmotor

I'm not sure if it's an important part of the upgrade. It's more of a "you'll be foolish if you don't do it while you're in there" upgrade. The engine is out. You're doing something to get more power. Delta cams are pretty inexpensive, and they give power.

The Frankenmotor by itself is a great upgrade, but why people would go through everything to do the Frankenmotor and not do cams, I will never know.

Jacob

The Frankenmotor by itself is a great upgrade, but why people would go through everything to do the Frankenmotor and not do cams, I will never know.

Jacob

The Delta cams are another $200 last I checked, so if this is a 'budget build' I can see why not.

HERE'S a link from NASIOC, and there are many more - search on Frankenstine or Frankenstein and such, for more info than you may have time to read!

GL,

TD

i asked and so far don't think got a reply, but are there any documented gains or numbers? i've spent a lot of time sifting through countless threads about lift, duration, etc....wondering if anyone knows what gains they actually give? i've recommended them and installed two sets so i'm by no means arm chair commentating for no reason.

The Delta cams are another $200 last I checked, so if this is a 'budget build' I can see why not.

HERE'S a link from NASIOC, and there are many more - search on Frankenstine or Frankenstein and such, for more info than you may have time to read!

GL,

TD

They're less than $200, and I think that if you're doing a build to increase power, then cams should be the first thing that you do. If you don't have $200, then you probably shouldn't be modifying a vehicle for more power.

i asked and so far don't think got a reply, but are there any documented gains or numbers? i've spent a lot of time sifting through countless threads about lift, duration, etc....wondering if anyone knows what gains they actually give? i've recommended them and installed two sets so i'm by no means arm chair commentating for no reason.

Have you asked Delta yet? Matt Monson on NABISCO would be a good source as well. Like I said before, they do what I want them to do, so I don't really care about the peak number on a dyno.

Jacob