Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Seattle Area (and whoever else wants to show up) meeting

I want to meet more subaru people in the area. (or from other areas if you want to come, of course!)

I'm wondering how many people would be interested in a little get together at some point in the next month or so.

Date and place will be decided when I get an idea of how much interest there is out there! Let me know!!!

Ok, so lets make this official!

Thursday July 23rd 6:30 at Magnuson Park

In the parking lot marked Arena Sports Magnuson Soccer Club on this map http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Arena+Sports+Magnuson+Soccer+Club,+wa&hl=en&ll=47.683592,-122.265515&spn=0.024182,0.055747&sll=47.133596,-122.139911&sspn=0.012218,0.027874&z=15.

Enter the park from Sand Point Way at the entrance just north of NE 70th St and take an immediate left when you get through the gate. Follow that road back along the edge of the park. You'll pass an outdoor rock climbing wall, and go under a small bridge, and we'll be right there.

Edited by Turbone
Added info in first post and map link was bad

Are they still doing the every other Wednesday night thing? I went to a few of them last year and then they stopped happening for a while. Although maybe they switched to a different wongleflute's? The ones I went to were at the one on Holman, not the Wallingford one. I never really followed through finding out if they stopped all together or just moved.

Is there a big showing of USMB'ers at the Nasioc meets?

I just checked the nasioc thread for the wongleflute's meets and the next one is July 6 at 6:30 at the one on Holman.

I'm in classes all summer Wednesday nights, so those meets aren't going to work for me, but I know you guys will have fun for me!

Any interest in a different day/time? I'd love to go to a meet with a bigger showing of the older generations of subarus also, not just the WRX/STI crowd. I do like them, but I have a feeling I'd stand out a little with my impreza and Brat... :D

I just checked the nasioc thread for the wongleflute's meets and the next one is July 6 at 6:30 at the one on Holman.

I'm in classes all summer Wednesday nights, so those meets aren't going to work for me, but I know you guys will have fun for me!

Any interest in a different day/time? I'd love to go to a meet with a bigger showing of the older generations of subarus also, not just the WRX/STI crowd. I do like them, but I have a feeling I'd stand out a little with my impreza and Brat... :D

We could try a different night; Monday would work for me most of the time as long as it's not the 2nd Monday of the month. I'd like to see more old school participation also. I have a problem with the aura of testosterone that goes along with the WRX and STi crowd.

Id be in for meeting more members, and I wasnt aware there were regular get togethers. It doesnt look like ill have my project finished by the next wcss but when I start working again ill be hanging out in Burien during the work weeks with an xt6 as my dd.

Im in:)

We could try a different night; Monday would work for me most of the time as long as it's not the 2nd Monday of the month. I'd like to see more old school participation also. I have a problem with the aura of testosterone that goes along with the WRX and STi crowd.

Same as Ed just said. Never mind the nasioc meets. I think the OP was trying to get some USMBers together for a Seattle meet.

OP. Pick a date. Find a good place to meet up. (wongleflute's isn't such a bad spot, Golden Gardens is jsut a hop skip and a jump away too)

I'd like to see more old school participation also. I have a problem with the aura of testosterone that goes along with the WRX and STi crowd.

Exaaaaactly what I was getting at! While its certainly not ALL WRX and STi guys, there is a general aura of testosterone, and I just don't have that! :grin:

Monday and Wednesday nights are out for me all summer. So I'm thinking a Thursday evening in late July. Maybe the 28th.

I had 2 places in mind:

One is the wongleflute's on Holman (if we want food to be involved, remember cash only)

The other is the big parking lot at the back of Magnuson Park. I can get a map of that and give directions. But basically its just a big open parking lot on Lake Washington.

SO, let me know who is interested in coming on Thursday July 23rd at 6:30 and whether you want food to be involved or not! I'll decide the location based on that. :)

Edited by Turbone

I'd love to go to a meet with a bigger showing of the older generations of subarus also, not just the WRX/STI crowd. I do like them, but I have a feeling I'd stand out a little with my impreza and Brat... :D

I showed up at WCSS10 on my motorbike, USMB'rs are pretty forgiving.

I'm in, just got the drive-shaft for the 5 speed swap, so I need to stretch the hatchback's legs.

Im out for the 28th' date=' its my 22nd anniversary and also my daughters wedding day, but ill definately catch up at a later date.[/quote']

Congratulations! Sorry you can't make it, but it sounds like you'll have a pretty good day anyway :)

Ok, so lets make this official!

Thursday July 23rd 6:30 at Magnuson Park

In the parking lot marked Arena Sports Magnuson Soccer Club on this map http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Magnuson+Park,+Seattle,+WA&hl=en&ll=47.685499,-122.259593&spn=0.015716,0.034719&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.819897,71.103516&t=h&z=15.

Enter the park from Sand Point Way at the entrance just north of NE 70th St and take an immediate left when you get through the gate. Follow that road back along the edge of the park. You'll pass an outdoor rock climbing wall, and go under a small bridge, and we'll be right there.

Edited by Turbone

Congratulations! Sorry you can't make it, but it sounds like you'll have a pretty good day anyway :)

Thanks! Should be a pretty good day, I get to give away a daughter...but trading for subi parts would be a good deal too...right? ;)

I can't make this date, but I'd like to see it turn into a semi-regular thing, and I'd be very into attending in the future. Good call on having something separate from the modern sports car vibe.

I am down to roll up to Seattle, but maybe meet up and caravan up for those of us that live down south?

Weekdays won't work for me since I work nights (hopefully that is changing soon), but if we could get something together on the weekends sometime...

But I am all for having an "old skool" meetup! I like this idea!

For those of you who have already said Thursday works for you, would the weekend work also? It seems like we'll have a better turn out if it changes to the weekend! What do you all think?

I'm planning on bringing some food (maybe I'll go to wongleflute's first and get a bunch of burgers and bring them on down to Magnuson!) so it can be a proper little gathering! I don't think we'll be able to grill or drink in the parking lot at Magnuson... but if I bring food we can certainly eat it there!