Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Loyale cupholder anyone?

bigjimd

Took a bit of fididdling and still needed to be tweeked a bit to work with the 5mt would have been fine with an at, but baby girl didn't like it. Got to come up with something different now. We put a little storage pocket in the radio cover under the radio and she keeps her Ipod there so she didn't want to loose that. The rig came out of some kinda later model Sbbie where it was mounted above the radio.

IMG_0221.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

My cup holder is shoving the cup between the e-brake lever and the passenger seat. It's surprisingly stable. Never had a spill.

I remember when I could do that. Stupid 4wd lever stealing my cupholder....:banghead:

I'd like to try this, but... the bushings in my shifter's linkage are, well, gone, so my shifter travels pretty far (right at the dust boot's limit for 5th), and would almost certainly hit this.I might be able to put it up higher though.... *gears start turning*

I remember when I could do that. Stupid 4wd lever stealing my cupholder....:banghead:

I'd like to try this, but... the bushings in my shifter's linkage are, well, gone, so my shifter travels pretty far (right at the dust boot's limit for 5th), and would almost certainly hit this.I might be able to put it up higher though.... *gears start turning*

huh? I have a 4wd d/r, and that lever doesn't get in the way any.

If I had pulled it in further and trimmed some of the big plastic handle it would work fine in Fizgig. There is at least 3/4" of plastic to trim and still have a handle to grab. If you take your time with the plastic and sand it smooth working up in grit it would come out presentable. I bet if you repaired the bushings this would work. The depth was dependent on where I drilled the side plates. It could have gone another 3/4" higher as well. The piece of wood was to keep tension against the rails so the slide wouldn't pull all the way out. If you tucked it right up under the radio you wouldn't need the wood.

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Thinking about it I bet it would work up high if you put the radio down in the lower posistion where the equalizer would fit it might work. To use it low I swapped the slides 180 and flipped the whole rig over. Then just turn the radio bezel 180 as well. Don't know didn't try that.

I put it underneath so it didn't block the radio face.

This is the way it mounted origionally, before it flipped it over and started wacking on it.

IMG_0211.jpg

Edited by bigjimd

I bought some cup holders that clip onto the door. They fold up flat against the door when not is use and spring open at the touch of a button. I think I got them at a place that sells boat equipment.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take them out of my 94 Loyale when I sold it, so I dont have them anymore. They worked really well, though.