Ultimate Subaru Message Board

The ecu fault codes are showing number 33, the speed sensor.

The speedo sometimes doesn't work, but pressing the trip odometer button makes it work again. This problem is well known on the forums, with 1999 Legacy's.

My question is will the earthing fault in the speedo cluster which causes the speedo not to work trigger the ECU fault code?

Also how many speed sensors are there on a manual transmission.I think the auto has 2.

Where are the sensors

Thanks

Yewman

As the speedo can be made to work inside the car, I'm sure you're right-----two problems.

I did notice that the abs didn't seem to be very good on icy roads last winter. As I've not had ABS before, I had nothing to compare with..but could be dodgy speed sensor perhaps.

Do you know where the one or two speed sensors are located??

Thanks

Yewman

ABS in gerneral does not work well on icy roads, and i will not get into the ever continuining debate about subaru ABS. ABS is for more rain and slush then anything else. You have a manual so really you should not have the usual abs "issues" that others seem to have since you have far practice in down shifting and haveing two ways of putting the car in N to hel the abs operate.

But yes you have the two issues and one sensor.