Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Need BRAT help

Question is am I missing part of the radiator or a piece of sheet metal. No place to fasten the top of the radiator or the fan. The inlet on this is cracked. I was going to have it repaired, boiled out and tested, but if part of it is missing I may just go for a new one. DSCF2186.jpg

DSCF2187.jpg

Thanks Bill

Sorry. It's an 87 Brat. UBER I looked at your pic for about 20 minutes before posting. Thanks again for all the pics. So there should be a "U" shaped piece brazed? to the top of my radiator? A new plastic radiator probably won't cost much more than repairing what I have, and without that piece it probably isn't repairable anyway. So, looks like I'm waiting on parts again.:(

Yes, you are missing the frame piece at the top. I have never seen a plastic Brat radiator. You can still purchase replacements just the same. I replaced mine on our 87 Brat about 8-9 years ago. Seems I got it shipped from a place on the west coast for a little over $100.00, of course that has been a while ago.