Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I am doing a 2.2 swap this weekend and the oil pan on the 2.2 has a hole in it from the JY. Will the oil pan from the 2.5 fit on that motor?

Thanks guys.

IIR yes it will I've done it. Slightly different shape on the bottom, perhaps slightly different capacity.

It's been a while though so look for a seconded opinion.

Ultra-grey to seal. The old ones can be difficult to get started to remove - but it's not so bad when you don't care about it.

I am doing a 2.2 swap this weekend and the oil pan on the 2.2 has a hole in it from the JY. Will the oil pan from the 2.5 fit on that motor?

Thanks guys.

I've had to fix the oil pan in just about every Subaru I own. I've never had to replace. Just wire brushed. Then filled the pin-holes with an epoxy like J.B. Weld. Then painted with an anti-rust compound. I use Zero Rust but I'm sure there are others. I've never ever had one rust through or leak after that. I did my 1983 diesel Chevy Blazer back in 1985 and it's still fine.

Fixing and then coating with something like Zero Rust results in something probably better then a new oil pan (unless you rust proof that too).

i think the dip stick part numbers are the same, ej22 and ej25. i'll have to check.

the ej25 pan is certainly larger, maybe deeper, and holds more oil. but i'll bet the pick up is the same, i'll have to check. and i'll bet the full level of the oil is the same distance from the bottom of the block in both.

EDIT: yep, the same:

click on usa legacy usage info.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/info/11140AA046/

Edited by johnceggleston