Ultimate Subaru Message Board

'88 EA82 FSM Wiring Section

Anybody on here have a link to the body Electrical Section? Or perhaps could scan parts of it for me ?

Been digging around on here and few other sites, no joy found. Lot's of Engine/Engine Management files found, but nothing for the body wiring. My Hayne's, (and it's "typical wiring" just isn't helping all that much.

Reason for asking;

Have an XT6 FT4WD 5-speed in the Wagon, want to wire in the Diff-Lock solenoids and control switch.

Found a White round connector under the hood, up near the wiper motor, that I think could be for a Pushbutton 4WD setup. Just not sure...

It has 2-Black, 1-Blue, and 1-Green/Yellow wires in it.

Close to what my XT6 FSM calls out, but the Blue wire should have a White stripe according to it.

Also, would like to know shape/color and wire code for the connector inside the car that control switch would go to.

Tom

• 3 weeks later...

After checking my manual it looks like you are right on the money about your thinking of the connector. The blk wires are ground and power from fuse 10 is applied through the shift lever switch to send power to either the solenoid tied to the GY wire (4WD) or the Blue wire (FWD).

Thanks for the confirmation Cougar.

Still haven't finalized the wiring, as I haven't took the time to locate things inside the Wagon. Been busy on other things.

Knew it was going to take me some time to get this here vehicle on the road, but it's been over 14 months now.

Sheeesh.... Talk about procrasternating..... :)

• 1 month later...