Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat Jump Seat Fitment

I bought an 84 that had some seats and bracket laying in the back end.. the bracket ended up being too short. He gave me a box full of gen 1 parts as well so I assume its a gen 1 bracket. The seats fit but I cant guarantee they were from a gen 1..

sounds like you are referring to the headrest bracket, and the shorter ones will fit, you just need to drill a new hole.

as far as the seats are concerned, they will fit. '78 - '87 are all interchangeable, though have a slight difference. the same seats and brackets were used from the '78 model up through the '83 model. sometime during the '84 model year run, the pistol grip handles changed over to a one piece design that looped from one side to the other behinf the seatback. (earlier models had 2 seperate pices and a plug/cover for the ends, which was usually lost, which allowed water into the handles to rust them out...)

the typle of plastic used in the seats changed as well. they appears to have a bit heavier grain, and possible better UV resistance (just speculation)

This style ended in '85 with the removal of the jump seats for the '86+ models