Ultimate Subaru Message Board

91 legacy adding D/R and 8" lift

91leglift

Idk im taking it to PRE next thursday and there going to see what they can do about getting it to quite down.

Instead of paying those guys why don't you just bring it me? Lifter tick and/or solid lifter adjustment is simple to solve.

What is your guys opinion on a welded center diff. Im welding the rear diff already and was thinking about welding the center diff as well and making the driveline easy to disconnect so i can drive around in front wheel drive in town and then hook up the driveline for 4x4 when i hit the trail

Not an easy task. You will have to bypass the VC - you can't just weld the center diff - you will blow up the VC in short order. So it has to be removed or similarly disabled and that's not going to be easy.

GD

well would it be worth the effort as far as improving offroad capability's if i wanted to invest the time or should i just stick to the welded rear and call it a day.

If you can help me fix my ticking that would be great. I still have yet to take any of my cars to a shop for anything but an alignment and tires and would love to keep the $170 in my pocket then pay it to them. Are you free this week or weekend at all. If you can help me get rid of the ticking ill pay you or buy drinks or food what ever. i dont like asking for free help but i also like to save money over a shops prices

will stock wrx or sti exhaust flow better and fit on my 91 leggo

Only the cat back section would fit (kinduv)

And you wouldn't really see any gains.

Without mods to the engine, there really isn't a point in a "free flowing" exhaust. Even if you gain a HP or two at the top end, you'll lose low end grunt from lack of backpressure.

Using a manifold from a turbo car is gonna do 2 things that you don't want.

1. Route the exhaust in front of the engine, which will likely ensure it gets smashed up on rocks, stumps, logs etc.

2. Require the use of a turbo crossmember, or modification of your non-turbo crossmember.

Just use your stock mani, it's doubtful it will hurt you any. If you were really concerned about flow, you could use a stock 2.5 mani. You will get a different sound out it for sure, mostly because the 2.5 mani's are equal length. Also you will have the option of running without a cat, as the cat on the 2.5's is in the midpipe section, not the y-pipe section.

Really it's a non-issue though. The 2.2 heads only flow so much, sure, you may bump compression some, but you will never be able to flow more than the ports will allow.

Not an easy task. You will have to bypass the VC - you can't just weld the center diff - you will blow up the VC in short order. So it has to be removed or similarly disabled and that's not going to be easy.

GD

You can weld the center diff and it won't do anything to the VC. With the center diff no longer able to differentiate, then the VC will never see any slip so it will do nothing.

Well im in the market for a ej25 short block now. When my oil ran out it melted a bearing and snapped a rod and the broken rod destroyed the cylinder

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s320x320/421640_330878883624652_100001076300962_970757_628100182_n.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s320x320/426940_330810686964805_100001076300962_970660_1800728840_n.jpg

Got a new engine yesterday thanks to Rick. Im starting to run out of room in my garage with so many parts building up. I think its time to see if i can store my fiero at my grandparents and free up the other side of my garage since its just sitting at the moment and get another work bench set up. Im going to get the engine torn apart after work today and get it off to the machine shop tomorrow im hoping