Ultimate Subaru Message Board

picking up a 81 brat!

thanks! unfortunately they are 4 hours north of me and unwilling to ship glass :( I might just have to pay a local shop to install one for me. they quoted me $270 for parts and install. i guess its not to bad since they will warranty the work and i hear that modern day windshield gaskets blow rump roast. so if it leaks i will make them fix it till its right. IDK

In lighter news I got all the wiring gremlins squared away! all of my exterior and interior lighting is working tip top. One step closer to being road worthy again. Im getting so anxious to go play on some trails but i gotta wait :( on Monday i go and get the paperwork for her all sorted out so it will be street legal. then all i have to do is find a windshield and im golden.

ALSO! The tires that came on the car are realllly badly warn on the inside of the rear. and sorta worn on the front. I looked at the rear and didn't see anyway to adjust anything aside from the torsion rods. Is there a way i can solve this negative camber issue? What about the front? is it adjustable? I would hate to have to go pay someone to do a alignment on it if i can attempt it myself at home. don't care if its spot on I just don't want to eat through my tires once i get some spendy new ones on there.

So i started building my roll bar today. so far so good. also rewired my light bar and threw it on there to mock up mounts on the new bar. lemme know what you guys thing. It runs 6 lights up front, 3 in the rear, and one on each side. I need to "restore" the plastic a little as it has kinda fogged up over the years. all with time tho.

2012-04-16_19-32-05_188.jpg

2012-04-16_19-32-12_811.jpg

2012-04-16_19-31-40_221.jpg

The light bar looks great. Very unique. I'm thinking of doing something similar to lower the amount of wind that hits my kids when we're tooling around the desert. It never dawned on me to put lights in it.

Looks like the frame that holds the plastic is aluminum flat stock? What type of plastic is it made out of?

Thanks.

-Ben

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...