Ultimate Subaru Message Board

I stopped by the dealer today and he checked did not have the part in stock for 633046020 so I had him search and he says the only dealers that had it were like up in MA or VT.. I was like Oh really??

So it had me thinking.. harbor Freight has 315 piece and a 120 piece spring pin set i was thinking one of these must fit? I mean really the spring pin is not a huge big thing being dealer only I just don't know the size.. and it seems the replacement part is just a single pin and not the smaller pin inside the larger one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/315-piece-roll-pin-assortment-67682.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/120-piece-roll-pin-storehouse-67591.html

what is this part used for?

if no one stocks it , you don't need to replace it.

unless it rolled across the floor and went down the sewer drain.

i don't know manual trans so i may be wrong. is it not the same as the axle roll pin?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And this is why I read posts that I have no knowledge of or anything to contribute!

Good one John!

I snapped one of those suckers (same job but in the trans ) on my '80 celica (during a non-police car chase, yes I still got away), was locked in 3rd gear.

Didn't have a replacement the next day (a sunday) and absolutely had to fix it- brazed that sucker in place.

I would try to get the same type of pin, the load capacity of all spring/roll pins is not equal.

Dave

If youre talking about the roll pin that holds the shift linkage to the shifting shaft that comes out of the trans.. i just ordered one with no problem from my local dealer. Pn:633046020. In fact ive got the old one its just the trans is so rusty i didnt wana chance it seizing reinstalling it

Sweet! Are you expecting any increase in noise in the cabin with them?

from what I hear you can expect it but not like I mind.. I tend to drive without the radio playing sometimes :)

I know one thing my shifter moves a lot.. or when I last drove the car :lol: I would be on the highway in like 2nd and just rolling on the throttle you can feel the shifter and see it every time you slowly roll on the throttle.

from what I understand it's the transmission mount? Once I get this squared away I'm going to do the mounts

If i could find some, it seems motor mounts would be more effective.. I figure the motor is bolted to the transmission and I've seen how it moves around seems like I should do those first before the tranny mount.

I should of did it while I had the motor out but pressed for time.

How's the rest of the car holding up at its mileage and how are you planning on using the car normally are some of the things I would be looking at.

Although you could always swap all the parts over to a newer car if you stayed in that model family.

I considered swapping my mounts to group n until I read about the increased noise inthe cabin. My car is primarily used for everyday commuting and hauling the family around so that was not really desirable. Plus I don't plan on racing it anytime soon...... :lol:

How's the rest of the car holding up at its mileage and how are you planning on using the car normally are some of the things I would be looking at.

Although you could always swap all the parts over to a newer car if you stayed in that model family.

I considered swapping my mounts to group n until I read about the increased noise inthe cabin. My car is primarily used for everyday commuting and hauling the family around so that was not really desirable. Plus I don't plan on racing it anytime soon...... :lol:

Rest of the car is holding up fine minus the transmission :D but I knew that like 20K ago

As for the noise in the cabin.. my shifter rattles while driving and plus I did not have 5th gear so driving my car on the highway at like 70-80 would put me around like 4200 rpms and 60 would be 3000 or so if I recall. So I mean I can't tell if it's going to be something that's annoying or not..

hopefully my gas mileage will go up having 5th gear