Ultimate Subaru Message Board

It is alive

Finally.

This took longer then i thought it would due to health issues, weather, money. Finally my 89 with 31K on it and a CVT is alive.

It took three carbs (one rebuilt, they left out parts !) one tired used one and a really good used one from a internet search to bring it alive.

The previous owner (I love Justies, I have lots of parts ... scarier words have been said) nevergot around to working on it, so I got it cheap, and it was a mess from sitting.

The last thing I could not fiogure out was the short cycling of the cooling fan. Oddly when I decided to rip out all the vac lines and replum them from scratch that issue went away.

Next issue to address is why on occasion the throttle sticks open (I think choke linkage is slightly bent), then off to DMV!

I may need new rotors since he sat for so long with the replacement rotors, A small price to pay.

Sadly Carlisle is too close to get some miles on him to make sure he is all set to go.

Both carbs have the same issue. The vent bowl vlave itself was rotted. In the rebuild they completly left that part out. I could also tell upon taking it apart they never replaced the needle valve nor removed jets to clean them.