Ultimate Subaru Message Board

E12 (Domingo)

Hi

I got a Sub E12 1991 with engine gone plus i got fire in the engine room.

Now i got a engine from Sub E12 1997 with direct injection to put in. and i am i desperate need for a electric schematic of engine and ECU, plus a Vacum shematic from 1997 so i can connect the computer and engine to my 1991 electric.

Is there anyone who can help..

Greatings

Sigurdur

Welcome!

The EFi E12 is a True Subaru Engine, Not Suzuki; it is Based on the Carbureted E12 Engines found on Justys.

E10E12Tech.jpg

See this Useful Links:

http://www.minitrucktalk.com/showthread.php?7609-Subaru-Domingo-tips-maintenance-thread

I Believe that I Have a Copy of that Service Manual Somewhere... Let me Search.

Kind Regards.

Hi guys.

Thankes for response. Found some great info on Loyale link.

I got the german "repair manual" but it seems like its just user manual.

My Sub is E12 Columbus. The engine i got from 97 model looks just like my

91 engine exept the 97 has Direct injection, evry bolt fits on my 91 gearbox and engine mountings are the same.

I found a suppliment to repair manual. it got few schematics that helped a lot, but still looking for ECU schematics.

Here are pics of my car.

n.jpg

This is from the winter, some icing on it, just -21° C

1n.jpg

Nice Subaru Mini Bus you Have, I Like it!

...Found some great info on Loyale link...

I'm Glad that it Helped. :)

The File I Have is on the .djvu File Format, which is a Lot of Images in a Single File.

Let me Know if it is the Same that you Already have, if not and if you Still want it, just send me your e-Mail.

Kind Regards.

Hello, dude. I finally found your thread. Let me know if I can do anything to help you out. Also, I kinda' need some help myself with the vacuum lines.

Swapping the old KJ8 for a fuel injected unit is a great idea. Hell, I thought about it myself(not a big carburetor fan), but since the last owner had the engine rebuilt, I thought it would be a shame to swap it now. Also, I can't really afford it :P .

Anyways, let me know if there's something I can show you/help you with.

• 3 weeks later...

Well. all wires connected and engine in. many thankes to Loyale 2,7 turbo and Anthill on minitrucktalk.. Tested yesterday started and sound great for short time, then the fuel pump started pumping fuel all oover the engine, found out that it had a holes on it from rust so now its time to get another and try again. but looking good so far, thks a lot guys

Sigkrist

HI

Got used fuel pump and put it in, started up fine, got a bit of fuel flow problem so i had to make some changes in fuel lines, now it´s running fine

checked the codes in engine comp and got few ;(

wonder if i have the right reasons for it.

Code: 33-Vehicle speed sensor (VSS) or circuit. (it´s normal not the right dashboard, meters) so nothing to connect to.

Code: 35-Canister purge solenoid or circuit

Code: 43-Throttle switch (lost there)

Code: 62-Electric load signal (whata hel.. is that)

Code: 63-Blower fan switch (think i got a idea but working on it)

I wonder if this is the right translation for code number in E12 1997..

Do any one have the codes,, cant find them in the manual.

have a nice day ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Fixed most of the errors only code 33 active now. have to find a way to fix that some how, becouse i dont have the right dashboard. Engine is running smooth and sounds great.

Now i have to lift the lid on engine room as the 97 engine is a bit higher than 91.

found a place for the computer and new main fuse and computer fuses.

And i am fixing some dents and rust and starting to paint my Subie. still working on what colors to use.

Here are some pics from this project.

0.jpg

The computer,fuses,and check engine lamp

1.jpg

´97 engine in ´91 engine room

2.jpg

3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Looks very similar to my 1988 E12 that I have here in Costa Rica.

Still looking for english or spanish manual, but having fun with this little beast.

The 4wd stopped working suddenly. I hear clicks from the solenoids when engaging the button, but the 4wd light on the dashboard does not come, nor do the front wheels engage.

Dave

Looks very similar to my 1988 E12 that I have here in Costa Rica.

Still looking for english or spanish manual, but having fun with this little beast.

The 4wd stopped working suddenly. I hear clicks from the solenoids when engaging the button, but the 4wd light on the dashboard does not come, nor do the front wheels engage.

Dave

Try checking the vacuum lines for cracks or tears. I used to hear mine click while pressing the button with the ignition key into ACC position, now it doesn't do that anymore. I have some problems with the vacuum switch solenoid on the back(right next to the main power fuse box).

To check for the vacuum part working(trying to pinpoint the problem without using the electrics), try switching the 2 vacuum lines that go into the gearbox from the double vacuum switch solenoid(the one in front of the engine bay). Switch the 2 lines that go into the gearbox together.

A mate of mine who used to have an E10 told me that if you do so, it will engage the 4WD without using any electrics. The light on the dash should pop up since the contact is made when the shaft is engaged.

Disclaimer: I never tried this on my van, I never seen it work, I am curious myself. This mate of mine is a really nice helpful bloke, really into Liberos, so I kinda' trust him with this trick(will try it once I get my engine to start).

Let me know if it actually does something.

Good luck!

• 2 years later...