Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Vollunteer needed

Back now... made some changes. Still need a replacement for the blue wagon in the bottom corner. Preferably it would be a 80's white RX, or a brat. If you guys could look through your collections of sube pics, and find an RX or brat that is in sort of the same position as the blue wagon there now, send it to me at jeff at jdccs.com or even post it here. Doesn't matter what the car is doing, since I am just going to take the blue wagon out, and put a different car in it's place, but still use the huge dust cloud. That is why the car's orientation is sort of important. I can mirror it too, so passenger or driver side doesn't matter, just the angle of the shot. Thanks!! This is how it looks with the SVX.

there is a Blue XT down the street from my house i could snap a pic of, let me know if that would work

• 2 weeks later...

OK this is real close to the final image. I am done with picking cars although I might try to do a better job making that XT look a little more realistic. The main thing here is the text needs tweaking. I wrote it in about 2 minutes, and I think it needs a little better wording, something more appealing to the masses. Feel free to rewrite it. I can go smaller on the text size for some more room if need be. Also let me know what else you guys think should be changed or improved. Lets shoot for friday on having a final here. Thanks guys,

- Jeff

http://www.jdccs.com/poster4.jpg

EDIT: That object above the WRX is a map. It is nice and clear in the full sized image.

I thought you'd dropped off. :)

I had thought to make a big map and directions to be printed on the back. If you think the smaller one is readable, cool. I printed out a few of your rough drafts, the only thing missing would be contact info and the web site addy.

Ken@: qman4x4@comcast.net

Eric@: chairotsu@earthlink.net

http://members.dsl-only.net/~sawlid/wcss6/

Thanks Jeff.

EZ

I have the url that brian came up with (wcss.usmb.net) on there, do you also want me to post your e-mail addresses?

BTW, the rough drafts I posted are very low quality, I can't imagine they came out very well. The full size one in photoshop is 2400x3600 px, which is about 8x10 inches at about 3 times as many pixels per inch as a computer screen. I can burn that file on a CD that any kinkos will take and print up as many copies as you want.

Did we also want a black and white flyer that looks good out of a copy machine? IE: text and line art with no color or different shades of gray? If so, what kind of dimensions? We could do, say, two per page, so there would be plenty for people to take if a bunch were left at a business.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably thought I dropped off again eh? Guess I'm flaky like that. :-\

Anyway, It's finished (upon peer review by you guys) and I have a high resolution posted to my website. It's 20.6mb, 2400x3000px, and when printed should be 8"x10" at 300dpi. Because of the large filesize and the fact it's on my cable connection, you will need to e-mail me if you want a copy. jeff (at) jdccs (dot) com. Zap, Qman, and SubaruJunkie, I already sent you guys a link.

There is also a black and white version designed to be copied, and cut in half (two per page) These should sit underneath the poster for people to take. There is also a high resolution version on my website, e-mail me for a link. A preview is below.

I decided to keep the wcss.usmb.com link. It is simply a redirect link to the real site, and is a lot easier to remember. If you guys really think it should be changed let me know. I won't take a week to change it either. :lol:

Here's a smaller view for the message board, followed by a picture of the map.

poster5.jpg

map.jpg

posterbw.gif