Ultimate Subaru Message Board
Sign in to follow this  
monstaru

I think Ima build a streetcar.. :)

I have pretty much done what I have wanted to do in the Offroo'd arena.Kinda.

So, now I am thinking on building a streetcar.I think I want to use a frankenmotor, D/R EJ 3.9, and VLSD.

I would like to go a skosch lower than stock , but not ridiculous.

I also think that some adjustable Pinks, strut bars, and rear lateral links would prove sweet.

I wanna keep it tight to drive, absolutely streetable, and quick as ************.I might consider having someone help me change the transmission to a 4.11,but I think that 3.9 will suffice for a while.

Gotta figure on getting off of the steelies, and into some other wheels....

This'll take a bit.Don't even have the car yet LOL.

But even when I get it I'll have to pick up some snow tires, and do some basics to make it DD worthy.

cheers:D

Yeah,

I wasn't asking for opinions.lol

I was stating my intentions.

;)

I will be using the recipe I stated above.

The title is rhetorical ;)$

Cheers

Sounds good. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. If it's anything like your offroad work this thing will be sick!

Sounds good. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. If it's anything like your offroad work this thing will be sick!

;):brow::Flame:

nuff said.... LOL

cheers

I like the 2nd gen legacy lineup for street cars. It's basically an impreza platform that's a bit longer wheelbase. All the wrx suspension bits bolt directly on, so there are tons of options for upgrades there.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a d/r for a street car, I'd just go with the 4.11 LGT transmission (not the turbo pull clutch, just pre 05). They're pretty damn strong and easy to find.

d/r could be fun, but how well do they hold up to abuse from over 165hp crank down to pavement.

I like the 2nd gen legacy lineup for street cars. It's basically an impreza platform that's a bit longer wheelbase. All the wrx suspension bits bolt directly on, so there are tons of options for upgrades there.

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a d/r for a street car, I'd just go with the 4.11 LGT transmission (not the turbo pull clutch, just pre 05). They're pretty damn strong and easy to find.

d/r could be fun, but how well do they hold up to abuse from over 165hp crank down to pavement.

Well,I Imagine a D/R designed for an EJ series would hold up just fine.

;)

I will most likely be picking up an Impreza for this,and already have

Most of the drivetrain bits .Need to pick up a nice Vlsd and were om our way!

Cheers