Ultimate Subaru Message Board

ea81t factory manual questions

im going to buy a manual for my 83 turbo wagon and want to know if this http://www.ebay.com/itm/1983-SUBARU-1800-4WD-TURBO-SHOP-SERVICE-MANUAL-/360427077373?pt=Motors_Manuals_Literature&hash=item53eb20befd&vxp=mtrhas everything i need/want in it. i want it to cover all the stuff for the motor and wiring, the reason why im asking is it says supplement. any help would be great and thank you in advance also marry christmas.

It's just a supplement. I have it.

Covers the differences in the Turbo models.

Alot of info, like body wiring for everything except the engine, Suspension, Transmission info, clutch info.......is in the 83 FSM this supplements.

If you are working on an ea81t, it's gonna be worth having. But you are gonna need something else to guide you through all but the engine stuff.

I have both the '83 FSM (needs the supplement for Turbo specific data) and the '84 FSM contains everything without needing the supplement. The parts catalogs are similar, '83 covers all but the EA81T and the '84 parts catalog has everything.

I would be willing to look up some things for you if you get stuck, don't have the time to scan large passages though.

Good Luck!

I have both the '83 FSM (needs the supplement for Turbo specific data) and the '84 FSM contains everything without needing the supplement. The parts catalogs are similar, '83 covers all but the EA81T and the '84 parts catalog has everything.

I would be willing to look up some things for you if you get stuck, don't have the time to scan large passages though.

Good Luck!

ok thanks to you both. im going to get a 84 factory manual if it has all the turbo stuff. now im off to ebay to get one:headbang:

Those will be very helpful on most '84s and you will need them for the basic info on many operations. However, neither one will have a ton of info on EA81Ts.

There are two supplements to look for, one for mechanical and one for electrical. Those are the manuals that really hold all the secrets.

Those will be very helpful on most '84s and you will need them for the basic info on many operations. However, neither one will have a ton of info on EA81Ts.

There are two supplements to look for, one for mechanical and one for electrical. Those are the manuals that really hold all the secrets.

The electrical supplement does not hold any "secrets".

It holds hardly any useful information at all.

You want an 84 FSM.

The electrical supplement does not hold any "secrets".

It holds hardly any useful information at all.

You want an 84 FSM.

Yes, but he is looking to use it on an EA81T. The 84 FSM does NOT, to the best of my memory, cover any EA81T-specific wiring diagrams.

If he had a regular old carb'd wagon, yeah the standard FSM is all he needs.

Yes, but he is looking to use it on an EA81T. The 84 FSM does NOT, to the best of my memory, cover any EA81T-specific wiring diagrams.

If he had a regular old carb'd wagon, yeah the standard FSM is all he needs.

Check those memory banks.

84 FSM HAS EA-81T wiring diagram,trouble codes,ECU pinout etc.

It is all I use for mine.