Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Ok guys I did a google search and went through a few forums and theres is no real good info on what CV joints work with what.

Anybody Got a list out there that could help me

My problem is I have an Legacy brighton with outback struts and springs. I  installed it yesterday and well now I have clickin on my left axle. I need to know what ones work with what So i can get the right cv joint in there. I dont want to do all the work and figure out that its just gonna break again. I have a cv joint I can get from a 1997 imprezza for 20 bucks it only had 80 grand on it. Anyways I figure with all your guys brains we could put togeather a good list for this. Or mby there is one and I just missed it. Most the ones I came across were for the wrx and that like none for the outback and legacy.

Thanks so much

I have a 1999 subaru legacy brighton with outback struts.

Don't know the actual differences, however you can reverse lookup and check.

If you click on a part in opposed forces, you will then see a usage info link. Clicking that will show all models that part fits.

Otherwise you can go to a Suby vendor website and go to the particular part and without using any filters, you can see the part number for all Subys, then you can narrow your search.

O.

Those will swap just fine.

Only different EJ axles were 93-94 Impreza FWD 5MTs, they had a different spline count on the inner joint, and 02+ impreza sedans have a wider track, so longer shafts. And sometime around 2005 they went to male splines on the axles instead of female. But anything else should work.