Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Brat "totalled" in Iowa

a friend of mine found a Brat with no plates sitting behind a Ford dealership, but it had already been "totalled" by Insurance Company becasue they couldn't find door glass or body parts.  pass. door was dented and glass broken, and tailgate was dented.

It's a '82 GL.  I talked to a couple different people at the insurance company, but could not get it out of the process it was in.

hopefully it goes to Auction and someone gets it. 

Insurance company just directed me to copart.com to watch for it.

Doesnt really surprise me honestly.  To anyone else who is not a subaru fanatic its just an old subaru.  When stuff gets dented or broken on it and they cant find any parts in their computer databases then they say "oh well" and total it.  Its really too bad since it probably is very repairable.  But then again im not looking at a picture of it.  For all i know the unibody is tweaked enough to send it to the crusher.  

Edited by hatchsub

• 4 weeks later...

well if the ins company passed on an easy buck then it's already been consigned to action company.

reg fees and buyers premium will probably be more than selling price...

I looked into ins auction before...lots of junk and fees and crap just to look around...unless you got a business that's buying, fixing and selling it's often not worht the hassle.  definitely not hobbyist friendly

• 2 weeks later...