Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Torque Bind of a Different Kind

So my 225k mi EA81 hatch is a torque monster. Its twisting itself in two. At the moment the passenger side is about 1" lower than the driver's side. The car is rusty, i just had no idea it was THAT rusty!

I hate to give up on my hatch, its such a good runner, and i went on my honeymoon with my beautiful wife in it, in a snow storm, in the smoky mountains...true Subie heaven. Hopefully I can find a decent EA81 body, preferrably a hatch, coupe or brat, I'll have a great powertrain to drop in. I had to quit driving it, as its tweaked to the point of kinking the radiator hoses.

Anyone know of a decent body within 100mi of knoxville tn, hit me up, and keep it kinda cheap, cause i dont need a powertrain, just a body. I dont even need a nice interior lol

1986 Subaru Brat - $1700

http://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/4493836731.html

One picture, looks kinda rough

subaru 4x4 - $1300

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/4523709524.html

again, looks rough

There were a some others a few weeks ago but appear to be gone. I'll try to keep my search open for older models more often, I've been mainly looking for bad motor/transmission cars.

1986 Subaru Brat - $1700

http://tricities.craigslist.org/cto/4493836731.html

One picture, looks kinda rough

subaru 4x4 - $1300

http://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/4523709524.html

again, looks rough

There were a some others a few weeks ago but appear to be gone. I'll try to keep my search open for older models more often, I've been mainly looking for bad motor/transmission cars.

I've seen those, yeah the brat looks REALLY rough. I'm kinda digging the wagon, except the dog doo brown color lol. Rough isnt really a bad thing as long as its not eat up with rust. Edited by crazyhorse001

find me a good used tranny for a 2003 Saturn Vue (preferably a 5 speed auto Aisin awd or a 5 speed manual) and I'd be willing to trade ya my 88 DL 3 door even up.  Only kicker is you'd have to deliver/pick up here in Kearney NE, which is well over your 100 mi request.  The body is pretty straight and rust free (one little spot in the bottom of the driver side storage bin in the trunk that can be patched with some sheet metal welded in, and a dent in the same quarter panel  right in front of the tail light that could be popped out for the most part but will need ground and filled/painted if you choose).

I've pretty much given up on doing much of anything with this Subaru...I find myself not being able to justify putting the money into it to do what I want with it, and would honestly like a wagon or something else that is already awd...  She's only got 95xxx mi on her, and just had a timing belt changed about 400 miles ago (with new water pump, tensioners, etc).  2 new tires on the rear, could use 2 on the front but she runs excellent.  Interior is pretty rough from a former owners dogs...but its all there.  Also has XT power mirrors on the outside.

find me a good used tranny for a 2003 Saturn Vue (preferably a 5 speed auto Aisin awd or a 5 speed manual) and I'd be willing to trade ya my 88 DL 3 door even up. Only kicker is you'd have to deliver/pick up here in Kearney NE, which is well over your 100 mi request. The body is pretty straight and rust free (one little spot in the bottom of the driver side storage bin in the trunk that can be patched with some sheet metal welded in, and a dent in the same quarter panel right in front of the tail light that could be popped out for the most part but will need ground and filled/painted if you choose).

I've pretty much given up on doing much of anything with this Subaru...I find myself not being able to justify putting the money into it to do what I want with it, and would honestly like a wagon or something else that is already awd... She's only got 95xxx mi on her, and just had a timing belt changed about 400 miles ago (with new water pump, tensioners, etc). 2 new tires on the rear, could use 2 on the front but she runs excellent. Interior is pretty rough from a former owners dogs...but its all there. Also has XT power mirrors on the outside.

... Are there any pictures of this DL? You're not that far away from me...

... Are there any pictures of this DL? You're not that far away from me...

Not that far? lol...Jersey is a good 1700 miles from me ;)  But I could give ya a place to crash for the night if ya want to come out and get it :P

I'll get some pics and try to get em over to ya.  Shoot me a PM with your email address.

/threadjack end/  We now return you to your regularly scheduled topic :lol: