Ultimate Subaru Message Board

"spy" pics of new 05 outbacks! and i got to drive it!

Blitz,

So is possible that On-Star systems have been built into the newer cars, even though you may not have ordered it during the original sale? How do you locate/recognize, and disable such a system?

Good question. It's possible that a rudimentary transponder system could be a part of every new vehicle at this point (sort of an OBD I version), but it's unlikely that a full On-Star is being shoe-horned in covertly. I really don't know.

Have read articles on the web and hearing discussions on talk radio about the use of black boxes, RFID, GPS global tracking by government authorities is, to say the least, alarming.
Iran stated that they'll begin selling crude oil denominated in Euros towards the end of March, so my guess is a concerted "effort" to get public support & bloodthirst behind WWIII is suddenly top priority. Electronic tracking of citizenery will automatically be "caboosed" onto every bit of draconian legislation that follows the uhh...event(s) (chemical, biological, nuke, dirty-bomb, who knows).

I'm frightened. :slobber:

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic