Ultimate Subaru Message Board

brand new EA82T Gen3 Heads, what are these worth?

I have a set of USDM gen 3 heads and the combustion chamber is shaped a bit different than these. That V shape between the valves is different, if it increases the volume it would yield a lower compression ratio.

Edited by Ibreakstuff

The Euro -spec engine had a much higher HP rating than the US-spec engine. Thinking it was rated at 135HP. Part of the HP increase could have been because of a different head design but who knows. 

This would be news to me, I never knew there were 2 different versions of the gen3 heads. Seems like the USDM ones have more meat between the valves just from visual clues. I wonder now if the EDM pistons are shaped different to offset the head volume.

My eyes may be tricking me also, but the actual valve angle looks different too.

Edit: My gen3 heads are stamped tk 9 and have slightly different casting lines on the cam side.

gen3a.jpg

gen3c.jpg

gen3b.jpg

Edited by Ibreakstuff

Then why does one have black and red paint and the other has coolant "weep" marks.

New reman maybe?  From what I can tell also, subaru doesn't sell bare cylinder heads.  There is only a part # for "head assembly" including valves.

Maybe europe is different?  But I sure would not pay $1000 bucks for em.......maybe $300 for both.  Tops.

Actually, we buy them from SOA several times a year.  Sometimes, if they are out of stock, we may have to wait a few weeks, but they are still available.  They even stock them in the local warehouse here in Denver.  And, the going price is over $500 ea., bare.

Actually, we buy them from SOA several times a year.  Sometimes, if they are out of stock, we may have to wait a few weeks, but they are still available.  They even stock them in the local warehouse here in Denver.  And, the going price is over $500 ea., bare.

From my local stealership and the 20% VIP subaru discount, a bare NOS ea82 turbo head is only $323.96.

Edited by Ibreakstuff

The third gen EA82 heads that were posted from Europe,

are designed with twin port for the "Spider" type of intake manifold. 

... My gen3 heads are stamped tk 9 and have slightly different casting lines on the cam side.

Are yours the Single port Heads for the common intake manifold?

Kind Regards.

The third gen EA82 heads that were posted from Europe,

are designed with twin port for the "Spider" type of intake manifold. 

Are yours the Single port Heads for the common intake manifold?

Kind Regards.

Negative, mine are dual port MPFI gen3 ea82 turbo USDM heads.

Edited by Ibreakstuff