Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2 inch lift 1.5 inch drop

Yesterday I got to put my lift on my 88 gl. I went with a 2 inch lift and a 1.5 inch drop on the engine and. Transmission. My gl is a 3at. So after the lift was put on and I drove it, there's a little rattling/ clicking only when I drive more than 15-20 mph. Also since the transmission was dropped the shifter is off a little bit, when it's in gear it doesn't show up on the dash and it is sometimes hard to shift out of park. i drove it home for 5 hours after the lift was put on with no problem but the click/ rattling. Does anyone know what these could be? Thanks.

post-54191-0-10228100-1421021204_thumb.jpg

post-54191-0-34740200-1421021213_thumb.jpg

The light in the instrument panel is probably due to a plug that came unplugged during the lifting, dropping process. I'd snoop around the transmission and see if you see any dangling wires.

The rattling, those are hard to figure without actually hearing it. Is it a high pitch rattle? Does it sound tinny? Does the rattling change with speed changes or does it just come and go?

Off the top of my head check your exhaust is tight and if your car is 4wd I'd check all the joints in the driveshaft as well.

When you drop 1.5" the engine's crossmember, the mechanical (pulley) driven Fan, hits its Frame, but I guess that you already knew that and I guess that you elongated the Steering shaft already.

Also the Exhaust pipe moves closer to said crossmember and the whole exhaust pipe moves that amount of inches to the rear, so the tail pipe should come out longer from the Bumper ... Usually the noise you experienced is made by the Exhaust pipes, so I kindly suggest you to check it first.

Kind Regards.