Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Bought my first Subaru today!

Kraptain

Today I purchased a 2004 Legacy Outback 2.5 V6 I have been searching for a few weeks now with no luck. Yesterday I drove 400+ miles driving through the mountains looking at dealerships and couldn't find anything I liked. This morning I found one less than 10 miles from my house. It has a few issues but nothing too serious I got a great deal on it $2450. My family is every excited about it much more leg room than my 2 door Mustang. 

post-57104-0-23826700-1424485399_thumb.jpg

Good to hear, 200k isn't bad at all for a subie. Before you just do the water pump replacement I might suggest not only doing that but also the timing belt and components since you have to take that all off anyways. I bought a kit like this one off of amazon for my 2.2 liter and it has been great. You definitely DO NOT want your timing belt to break as this is an interference motor and will cause serious engine damage! Just FYI here is a link to a kit that might work, I would verify though for sure. Good luck!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B003TUCFT2/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?qid=1424546139&sr=8-2&keywords=2004+subaru+2.5+timing+belt+kit&dpPl=1&dpID=51De-12qGWL&ref=plSrch&pi=AC_SX200_QL40

Before handing over the cash I had the seller agree to allow me to take the car to Goodyear to have them look over the car. The mechanic looked over the care and found coolant was leaking from the water pump and that was the only issue. Now here is where I messed up and I am a little pissed off at myself but like I said before in a previous post I am new to owning a Subaru and not really much of a car guy. The Craigslist ad read that this was a V6 I am now aware when it comes to Subarus its not V6 is H6. As some of you pointed out the 2.5 is a H4 not an H6. I was under the impression that I was buying a H6. Oh well I still feel like I got a great deal I talked the seller down 450 from his asking price using the water pump issue for negotiating. 

post-57104-0-74406900-1424636955_thumb.jpg