Ultimate Subaru Message Board

power light on wont turn over?

Is the charge on the battery good? If that is okay then check the voltage getting to the fuses in the dash area when the ignition is ON. If that is okay then check the starter circuit for a problem. The inhibit switch may be faulty. Hopefully this issue isn't due to a timing belt breaking.

You say: "Not allowing the starter motor to engage".

Does this mean that:

- the starter motor spins, but will not engage the flywheel? or

- there is an audible 'click' from the starter solenoid, but the starter does not spin? or

- there is no sound at all from the starter motor?

starter motor has contact, but solenoid doesn't throw gear out to mesh fly wheel?

starter motor spins but doesn't contact flywheel, I think that the fault is overriding contact?

Edited by Stanevs

it has nothing to do with the starter motor,its to do with the fault that is indicated with the power light on, which doesn't flash to find the fault, bugger it,

I'm just going to take it to the mechanics and put an OBD on it,when it has been fixed i'll put the problem and the diagnostics up and then the steps to rectify the problem and the cost,

cheers Stan.

Edited by Stanevs

From what I know about the POWER light in the dash it has to do with the engine performance, not the starter circuit or any of the electrical system of the car. You stated previously that the starter was turning but the engine wasn't turning over. If that is correct then there is a mechanical problem with the bendix gear of the starter not engaging the flywheel ring gear. 

• Like 1