Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Sound deadoning 89 Justy

You made me thinik about it. I'd put some in the doors and some in the rear quarters. What I've done is remove the acoustical covering from the hood. Usually fiber something.

You would still hear the angry growl from the Justy. And the whine from the ECVT.

Go to Lowe's and get a product called "Peel and Seal". You can do the whole car for less than $20. The Muscle Car community uses this product, and it usually takes 2 or so rolls to finish a pretty good sized car. However, a Justy is a tiny car. Put the Peel and Seal down in strips on flat panels, and on the floor you can top it off with foam backed  "Frost King Duct Insulation". I did this in my old American car, and it works really nice. It's WAY cheaper and just as effective as Dynamat. Since your car is newer and the factory material is probably in good shape, using it in conjunction with Peel and Seal should work nice.

Edited by subaru1988
  • Like 1

The 4wd ECVT Justy makes some peculial soujds. Dsport mode changes everything.

S[ray rubber works pretty good for acoustics.

I find that Dsport makes it much more driveable in the snow. Drive I just sit and spin tires. Not that spinning tires is bad...

Edited by nipper

Go to Lowe's and get a product called "Peel and Seal". You can do the whole car for less than $20. The Muscle Car community uses this product, and it usually takes 2 or so rolls to finish a pretty good sized car. However, a Justy is a tiny car. Put the Peel and Seal down in strips on flat panels, and on the floor you can top it off with foam backed  "Frost King Duct Insulation". I did this in my old American car, and it works really nice. It's WAY cheaper and just as effective as Dynamat. Since your car is newer and the factory material is probably in good shape, using it in conjunction with Peel and Seal should work nice.

I shall do that.

Hey Nipper,

I bought 2 16oz rubber spray, It's Permatex. Going to spray my wheelwells. Ran across this stuff called Boom Mat spray on. Just saying.

I bought a new old stock brush set for my Justy. Ha one thing I lacked. My car looks like yours. But 4WD. I'm converting the NOS 2wd tranny to 4wd.

• Like 1