Ultimate Subaru Message Board

car alarm horn sounds if i unlock the door using the key rather than using the fob

My '05 Impreza is the same way. Always used the key to unlock previous cars but can't get around using the Fob on this one. I ended up getting used to using the Fob all the time anyway, although it's a pain when I occasionally forget and use the key..

The older security systems had a wiper switch on the key cylinder that would deactivate the alarm when using the key. Newer vehicles don't generally have those anymore, so you pretty much have to use the remote/fob to unlock the doors and disarm the security system.

If you're into electronic projects there's probably a way to rig up a switch. Might need to do some searching on the best way to set that up.

I have a friend who used an Arduino and a Bluetooth module to rig up a keyless entry system for his car, but his didn't have any kind of factory alarm/keyless entry system.