Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Crosstrek wheels and tires fit a '95 Impreza wagon?

I have an opportunity to purchase a set of brand new take-off wheels and tires from a 2016 Crosstrek. My '95 Impreza will need new summer/all-seasons when I take off my winter set shortly. I have a set of steelies with my all-seasons on them; the tires are shot. 

I love the look of the Crosstrek wheels. I know they're 5x100, the same size as my Impreza. Will they fit in my wheelwells, however? My stock size is 195/60/15 and the XV's are 225/55/17. I'm guessing they may be too wide but wanted to check before I make the purchase.

Thanks for the help!

Hi,

No offense to Matt, but pretty sure those will rub on the strut perches - right where the bottom of the strut spring is supported.

The Xtrek tires are 2+ inches TAller. See attached.

You COULD buy the set and either trade or sell>>buy some Shorter 17" tires that would fit....205-50-17? I think the 225 are too w-i-d-e, as well.

Here's my new favorite tire size reference: https://tiresize.com/comparison/

Edit: Per cars101.com the '95 Impreza had the following options...from base>>Outback. So yours have been swapped out previously if they're 15", which came stock on the '97+:

'92-'95:

wheels/tires 175\70SR14  
steel wheel 195/60HR14 with steel wheel 195/60HR14 with 5 spoke alloy wheel on sedan, steel on other models, 
O- alloy wheel 185/70HR14 Raised white letter all season.  Steel wheel with hubcap. 
5 spoke alloy wheel optional

'97+

Wheels/tires 15" steel 
195/60R15 87H 15" Alloy 
205/60R 15 16" Alloy, Gold colored honeycomb 
205 / 55R 16 89H

GL,

Td

post-3804-0-20841300-1458690398_thumb.jpg

Edited by wtdash
  • Like 2

I ran 215/45/17 on my 95 legacy. They fit and only would rub if I hit a pretty big dip in the road when someone was sitting in the back seat. I ran that same set on a 98 legacy gt and now they are on a 2001 impreza

Buy them and see if they rub (make sure they always fully inflated). If they barely rub, you could buy the thinnest spacers and run those, or sell the tires and buy the correct 17" tire that fits. Though that will cost you a little more as you'll have to pay to have each tire pulled and mounted, plus the balance. If you get tires locally, they might offer a better deal. If you are OK with used tires, go to a used tire shop, and ask the manager if he'd be willing to take your tires on trade for replacements + mounting. You might get a better deal out of them doing this then selling outright as you'll have to make a trip to get them pulled, run an ad, hope a buyer shows up and doesn't pull the "I only have a $100 on me" BS when you were asking $250, etc.

Thanks for all the responses so far.

wtdash, my Impreza had the 15s from the factory. Impreza L wagon with the 2.2, door jam tire sticker shows it came with 195/60/15 88H.

These take-offs are about an hour away from me. I think I'll give the guy a call and see if he'd be willing to let me install a combo in his driveway and see how they fit. If he wants to get rid of them, sure he'd be willing to work with me a little.