Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Those connectors may be located close enough to the battery to have some corrosion in them - double check for that.

I had to replace the front windshield motor in ourt 03 OBW with an aftermarket one from a parts store. The new one worked better than the old one.

sometimes, stuff just breaks.

Edited by 1 Lucky Texan

I am new to this car, I thought the windshield sprayed when pulled forward to the driver. It has never worked, so maybe I just do not know how to run it, that would be great, I would feel stupid yet again, but I am getting used to it with this car. I will check it. 

I was using a meter to measure voltage, so I know there was no voltage at the motor. Because I am an idiot most likely... 

I will push on the end button and see what happens.

no - I doubt you're an idiot - but I can tell you whoever approved the iconography on our 03's stalk was, it clearly indicates washer-squirting with a pull of the stalk, but all you get is a quick mist-wipe.

the ONLY way to get front washing is the button on the end.

I THINK I've seen a thread about modifying the swith's little pc board to alter the function. Not worth the trouble to me.

I had an old ford ranger with the horn button built into the turn signal stalk. Push the whole stalk in toward the column to sound the horn.

Every year I had to show the state inspector how to do it, because they would try to fail it for the horn not working.