Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello,

I have a few questions.

1. Does anyone on this site ever installed one of these on there cars?

2. Do they work?  Could you see or feel the difference?

3. Is there a secret to getting in on without causing blunt trauma to the balancer?  FYI, I have read there return policy and they

say treat this like it a new born baby.

4. Where did you get it from and where you happy with them?  How

5. I have not tried to install mine. I want to get what I paid for IF it will fit.  see below

I purchased mine from THMotorsports online.

When I received it, I took it from the box immediately noticed that li look used, I have called them twice now, and I am getting the run around. 

They offered $50.00 off if I would keep it.  I told them I want what I paid for a NEW one, not scratched or anything.  Just send me a new one.... 

This is what I recieved, thoughts?

post-66150-0-61131200-1494052462_thumb.jpeg

How about if you give us a link to what you bought?

Never heard of this type of balancer, but IMO there isn't anything wrong with the design of the original balancer.

Lightweight styles are available for performance/looks. Otherwise the only reason to change it is if the original is damaged in some way, in which case a used one is like $40.

Never heard of this type of balancer, but IMO there isn't anything wrong with the design of the original balancer.

Lightweight styles are available for performance/looks. Otherwise the only reason to change it is if the original is damaged in some way, in which case a used one is like $40.

Edited by 06SubLegTx

http://www.fluidampr.com/

http://www.fluidampr.com/products/search/531101/

I think you have been a victim of marketing hype, sorry to say. Like General Disorder said, Subaru horizontally opposed engines are inherently balanced. I would send it back for a refund. Rockauto has new balancers for 40 bucks, IF there is really something wrong with yours, like, it came loose because someone changed the timing belt and didn't torque it properly. A common problem I've seen these days since "the trick" of propping a breaker bar against the frame rail when you don't have, or can't make the special tool to get the crank bolt loose, is becoming well known, and then it get's "tight enough" upon reassembly... 

I think you have been a victim of marketing hype, sorry to say. Like General Disorder said, Subaru horizontally opposed engines are inherently balanced. I would send it back for a refund. Rockauto has new balancers for 40 bucks, IF there is really something wrong with yours, like, it came loose because someone changed the timing belt and didn't torque it properly. A common problem I've seen these days since "the trick" of propping a breaker bar against the frame rail when you don't have, or can't make the special tool to get the crank bolt loose, is becoming well known, and then it get's "tight enough" upon reassembly... 

The heads for my car got done today, so I have no time to spare dealing with a company that does not want to do the "Right" thing.  It just frustrates me because of how unprofessional they are. They even said they would give me $50.00 off, so I know they don't want to deal with it and me, but also who ever they got it from.

I think they bought it from somewhere (another company because it shipped from "Horsham, PA") , and now they are in a bind. They even told UPS that it was damaged in shipping, which is a FAT lie, and they are trying to rip them off.

I hope they come to there senses and deal with this issue properly. If not, I will take legal action, because I have pictures, phone records and I witnesses that will become a nightmare for them. t will cost a LOT $$ more by then.

Dude. Chill out. Just paint the backside of it if you feel the need. It's a few scratches that will never be seen on a 12 year old car.

What you should have done is ask here prior to buying something you did not need. Now if the engine were going to turn 9k or 10k rippems then sure why not. But on the other hand I've built several that did as well as 4G63's that do and used stock balancers on those so.....

GD

Dude. Chill out. Just paint the backside of it if you feel the need. It's a few scratches that will never be seen on a 12 year old car.

What you should have done is ask here prior to buying something you did not need. Now if the engine were going to turn 9k or 10k rippems then sure why not. But on the other hand I've built several that did as well as 4G63's that do and used stock balancers on those so.....

GD

GD, I appreciate your opinion. But, I don't want to paint the backside, .  I'm going to get it returned, because it also does not fit. I can't even begin to get it to slide on the crank even without the keyway removed.