Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hello guys

Decided to take a chance on one of those super cheap ELM327 BT dongle and using it with Torque Pro, but get "no connection to ECU" no matter what. Tried also the tip i've read about of setting the iso9141 protocol instead of the code autoscan... nada. No big deal, just a few $ lost....

Does anyone have an ebay link to a cheap ELM327 BT dongle known to work on subarus, a 2004 forester 2.0X with NA EJ20 in my case?

tnxs in advance!

TG

• 1 month later...

interesting update

reading in forums about all kinds of "no connection to ECU" issues through android apps, decided to give it a try through my laptop's BT with a windows application.

So with ScanMaster ELM was able to get my codes, so quite interesting that these known problems with cheap ELM327 BT dongles, might be related in many cases to the program doing the reading rather than the HW.

Cant say that all the functionalities in the program work, it still shows some issues as it connects  through "unkown protocol" but that might be because my car has an additional LPG ECU that might confound the scanner.

In any case, my MIL on turns out to be related to the upstream A/F sensor heater (P0051), so that's being replaced as soon as i get the part + special socket

Edited by turboguzzi