Ultimate Subaru Message Board

interswapping optical distributors

jono

EA82 seemed to go their first optical distributor in 1987 with the XT. Was it only the turbo variant that got it in this year? In fact were there non turbo EA82 mpfi anything that got them in 1987?

In our market in Oz the 1988 onwards EA82 mpfi got the optical distributor whether XT or Leone or L wagon ...touring wagon only I think. But these 88 onwards distributors gets a new part number. 22100AA410 for 1987 then 22100AA450 for ,88 onwards

Not directly interchangeable it is said - unless swap two wires. 

But which two?

Previously someone said swap green and white wire positions with each other

Another has said black and white

Now doubt second option  as black wire connects to a male spade terminal in the distributor base at the module and this spade has a side bit that is connected to distributors body ie earth

Not changing that !

Looking at distributors with no wires coming from base at all revealing 2+2 .male spade plug of optical module....

If module is same for the two part numbers they MUST be interchangeable without any wiring swap so long as all the wiring is retained right up to the white female spade 2+2 terminal that plugs into the module and held there by a screwed plate..surely ??

• Sad 1

working on the comparison - remotely - I have one set of manuals, then I got Greg the Guru with his set of manuals eh Greg :)

the short wire run from rectangular white plug of females out of the base of the distributor to the round black connector may hold the differences