Ultimate Subaru Message Board

09 Forester Hill Hold feature? Your experience

My son is learning stick. I believe his 09 Forester has the "Hill Hold" feature. I tried it a couple of times - thought it held maybe for a moment before I attempt to move but have not had a chance to fully play with it. Do you guys have that feature? If so, how do you engage it? Manual states depress clutch pedal on hill fully , depress brake pedal fully,  release brake pedal, keep clutch pedal depressed, car should hold hill, I assume, until computer ABS detects wheel movement. Is that correct? Does it really work? , only want it to work long enough to train my son, then he's on his own like the rest of us. 

Thanks, 

Milty 

My son's car has a hydraulic clutch - is the hill hold still cable actuated? I have not fully tested it regarding if it works properly. I took a quick look under the hood I didn't see any other cabling leading from clutch except to pedal. How do I adjust in this case? 

Thanks, 

Milty 

29 minutes ago, GeneralDisorder said:

Yes it is cable actuated as far as I know. The cable is on the pedal assembly under the dash. 

GD

+1

Cable is attached to the top of the pedal assembly, and goes to a hill holder valve mounted just below the brake booster near drivers side strut tower.