Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Wires unplugged near "compressor pulser"

Hello,

Does anyone know what these wires are for? Yellow, black, white, green.... I just browsed through my Haynes but didn't find anything exactly. The closest thing I found was page 3-15 where there are two arrows pointing and something *near* these wires called a compressor pulser.

1.png

IMG_6213.JPG

Looks like an EA82 engine?  SPFI?

The green ones are part of the ECU dignostic modes.   There should be a similar pair of white ones for that also.  The green and white diagnostic connectors should not be connected for normal operation.  

The yellow and black were for some dealer plug in diagnostic tool.

The a/c pulse monitor box on the versions I've had to deal with was under the dashboard on the firewall.

The year, model, etc. Make a difference on some of these parts.

• Thanks 1

Green pair = D-CHeck........a self diagnostic of sorts.  Cycles fuel pump relay and tests readiness of the systm

White pair = Read mode......Outputs stored codes

The other big conenctors are for subaru SSM computer and a line end test port for the harness when it went in the car.

Keep the pairs unhooked for regular driving.

Plug BOTH sets together and run engine for 30 sec until CEL flashes to clear old codes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1