Ultimate Subaru Message Board

2004 Impreza Intake Gasket Question

On my 2004 Impreza EJ25,  I took off the plastic intake manifold, and it has some rubber intake gaskets that go right into the intake manifold. (also needs the standard intake manifold gasket that goes on the block.  These rubber gaskets that seat in the intake seems to be for  2004  only,   according to Rock Auto parts list. Has anyone had any experience with this?  I bought some Fel Pro gaskets but they seem to stick out from the manifold.  Worries me a bit.  On a side note, 1742418682_OldGasket.thumb.jpg.6508b6e6dded35da092595165f34a694.jpg I called the dealer and they said it only comes with the intake. They do not sell it seperately.  Weird.  I wonder if I should just leave the old ones in.  They seem ok.  Not sure what to do.  Any advise would be appreciated.  Thank you. 

New Gasket.jpg

10 hours ago, Zoltan said:

On a side note, alled the dealer and they said it only comes with the intake. They do not sell it seperately.  Weird

That’s absurd. They’re replaced all the time for the last 15 years.  

Next time stop by in person or look it up on the Subaru parts website yourself. Sounds like your dealer might have non technical staff answering phones and pushing buttons.  I can’t imagine anyone that’s ever looked at one of these engines saying that or not being able to figure it out in 60 seconds.

I use OEM for those but I wouldn’t be scared to install the Fel Pro if I had too. 

• Like 1

I just put Fel Pro intake manifold gaskets on my 04 Ford Exploder (plastic intake) and they stuck up similar.  They get compressed when you tighten the manifold.  The old ones were compressed after being installed for so long.

Edited by Mike104