Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Call out to XT6 owners! Wiring question

So I’m doing a swap on my XT6 and I’m digging into the diagrams I have.. It looks like pin#63 a Brown/Red wire goes to the cybrid steering computer.  I’m trying to remove everything in this car that isn’t needed including the Factory ECU. 

What I’m asking, is anyone willing to put let’s say a volt meter on pin#63 while their vehicle is running/ not running and see what comes out of it.  I’m assuming it’s a (ground)signal letting the cybrid computer know the engine is running. The car is very basic so I can’t really believe it’s more than that hahahha. 

I honestly should have tested this before I ditched the ER but it’s water under the bridge at this point. 

88 XT6

EZ30R Swap

17 hours ago, Naked Buell said:

I checked my manuals and all is says is "to electronic power steering system".

Like you said, it is probably just a signal wire.

Yeah that’s what I’m assuming.  What that signal is.. I.e. a ground signal, a positive voltage signal, or some kind of pulse...that I don’t know and need to find out.  

I don't have the diagrams in front of me. Is this something that maybe could be tested from the pump side?

There's at least 2 feet of snow on the hood of my XT6, but if this weather keeps up, I might be able to get to it enough to get the hood open this weekend. Won't be able to get the trunk open and get to the ECU until I can move the car, which won't be until the snow thaws AND ground dries up....

On 3/4/2020 at 3:48 PM, Numbchux said:

I don't have the diagrams in front of me. Is this something that maybe could be tested from the pump side?

There's at least 2 feet of snow on the hood of my XT6, but if this weather keeps up, I might be able to get to it enough to get the hood open this weekend. Won't be able to get the trunk open and get to the ECU until I can move the car, which won't be until the snow thaws AND ground dries up....

No it can’t unfortunately.  It’s a straight line from the steering computer to ECU.  I wish it ran to the test connector it would make life wayyyyyy easier!