Ultimate Subaru Message Board

put two webers on my Brat?

Why? The only benefit to multiple carbs is to use multiple, small diameter barrels. This effectively increases throttle response without the detrimental effects of single large barrels and their associated loss of vacuum signal. 

You can get basically the same effect from a progressive or a synchronous twin barrel carb like the 32/36 DGV, or the 38/38 DGS. 

The 38 DGES is essentially two 38mm singles if you use the synchronous linkage. And you can get them brand new. 

GD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GeneralDisorder said:

Why? ...

Some people does the Twin Weber conversion, not only in EA series but in EJ series too, maybe because the goal is the achievement to build it, maybe for the looks... some others in order to avoid the wiring and ECU swap on the famous "EJ it" retrofitting...

11026340_10152795816381453_2874082272622

...I agree with GD, that a well tuned 32/36 or a 38/38 DGAS Weber carburetor, will permorm the same, with less effort and better simplicity; but if you want to do so, go ahead and do it; because I know that other of the reasons to do such a swap, is for having fun working with tools on your car; as automotive mechanics also are a nice Hobby to have... 

Kind Regards.

• Like 1

thank you ..i just like the coolness of a stock duel carb set up on my Thrasher...my dream would be to find two ,stock ,off the shelf Hitachi carbs.I know ,i'm a dreamer....but it could happen...i saw a few years ago on ebay but had no play money for them..two webers would take away the stockness and a lot of work just to get them to work right......so .....Thank you for your thoughts ..you guys stay safe a take care in these CRAZY DAYS

• Like 1