Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Hi all, 

I'm about to fly to Denver tomorrow to pick up an '07 Forester from the original owner, and drive back to Las Vegas. I want to bring a short bag of tools in case anything was to happen. I also want to change the oil before hitting the road. I've already purchased a checked bag, because TSA states that any tools over 7 inches long must be checked. I'm just a little concerned about having my tools jacked. They aren't the nicest tools, but they're also my only tools. Anyone have suggestions?

Thanks,

Greg

You’re worrying too much about it. Just check them and good luck with the ride back.

If you can cover them with insurance that might help. That’s my theory. Same with your bringing tools. You’re doing it for insurance. 

The couple of bucks for insurance won’t mean much but A- you’re covered if crap goes really wrong and B- it seems to me once you pay for insurance the bad apples in the organization see that and just pass it along knowing there may be an investigation. 

Have fun ! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lmdew said:

I've checked lots of tools.  No problem.

I'm in Colorado Springs, 80 miles south.  You are welcome to use the garage.

Larry

Hey Larry,

thanks for the offer. I'm unfortunately flying home empty-handed. Turned out it was leaking oil and coolant, and had some wiring issues. Kinda crappy as I'd asked multiple times on fluid loss/consumption. Pretty sure that they're just going to sell it to someone without telling them about it.