Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Question about Auto trans mounts

I need to change the trans mount on a 2000 Outback, Auto trans. I see that there are two types available, it originally came with a 4 stud design, it appears there are 3 stud designs available as well. Anyone with experience on these, does it make a difference?

1 hour ago, 1197sts said:

I need to change the trans mount on a 2000 Outback, Auto trans. I see that there are two types available, it originally came with a 4 stud design, it appears there are 3 stud designs available as well. Anyone with experience on these, does it make a difference?

where are you getting your information from?  I'd guess there's just an auto trans and manual trans mount.   All 2000 auto transmissions are interchangeable so there can't be two different, incompatible mounts for them. 

Edited by idosubaru

looking on Rock Auto, there are indeed 2 different mounts listed for auto trans (manual is in a completely different section and has 2 studs).. one has 3 studs, the other 4 studs, just as he described..

if it were me, i would be checking to see what the car has currently, and go with whichever that is.

image.png.9dbb75059758bdd6c3a8fd8f0116d912.png

image.png.bcd05901f83263457e46fd649a53de6e.png

Edited by heartless

2 hours ago, heartless said:

if it were me, i would be checking to see what the car has currently, and go with whichever that is.

yes this. I was speaking about the body side of the mounts and have a real bad incomplete answer. match whatever transmission will be in the vehicle. 

Theres a few variables between 00-01: 99/00 generation crossover, H6 is introduced, and Impreza/Outback differences, and maybe Phase I and II trans depending where you’re looking.

Thanks for the input, I have checked out a 2000 and a 2001 Outback and they both originally had the 4 stud style. I have a commercial parts source and it seems to indicate 3 stud style supersedes the 4 stud style, the question is does it fit the original crossmember and I am hoping it does.  I was hoping someone had encountered this before.