Ultimate Subaru Message Board

4 hours ago, wtdash said:

You don't state the YEAR of your Foz, but I searched that TZ # and shows a 2005.

That MIGHT be what I've heard called Phase 2 Version 2 of the 4EAT, vs. the Phase 2 Vers. 1 in the donor OB. I'd bet the electronics are different, but maybe the parts are interchangeable. Good luck.

the clutch pack and drums were the same and in good condition but the duty c solenoid was not in the tail like i was expecting it to be. im guessing its the setup where its in the valve body? does anyone know what solenoid id need to order for the transfer clutch? are the solenoids basically all the same? and yes i forgot. it is a 2005 forester xt

Edited by sirtokesalot

so this is the solenoid setup the transmission has in it. and im suspecting the transfer clutch duty solenoid is the one i need to replace. are the other solenoids the same thing? could i swap 2 of them around to see if the issue moves with the solenoid to another part of the transmission? basically i want to find out if the solenoid is truely bad or not before tossing 100 bucks worth of solenoids in it. id like to swap 2 of them re assemble it and find out if it still binds or not.

s-l1600.jpg

1 hour ago, lmdew said:

Might pull a complete valve body out of a yard and swap it in.  If it does not work, return it.

i thoght about this as well but i dont think the yards around here would allow a return witch is why i was curious if i could swap those solenoids around for testing.

basing my findings off this picture i found in a pdf about torque bind in the 05-09 subarus i believe the solenoid is bad even though it activates fwd.the voltages seem in spec everywhere except drive cornering 2-5mph where it stays around 2.2v but this is without giving it gas. when i start to give it gas the voltage does go down some. i dunno really.

259283819_638283773929497_8612967570233528958_n.jpg.eb4a88fcb846f5a74be1efcc2e0f69c0.jpg

Edited by sirtokesalot