Ultimate Subaru Message Board

Neglected but not forgotten. The 2nd resurrection of my 78 GF

gfdan

I made some time this winter to work on the ol '78 and put her back on the road. I put her out to pasture 4 years ago with the best of intentions but y'all know how the last 4 years have gone. In the face of rapid deterioration and a narrow miss by a giant pecan tree that uprooted in a wind storm, I made the tough decision to do the best I could for her. I grabbed the grinder and the welder, some paint and the sander and figured since I might not ever get to fully restore it, I may as well do the next best thing... and drive it! Got the antique car registration and the vintage 1978 licence plate. She's back to turning heads everywhere we go! I'm not even going to contemplate the "right or wrong" of it.

IMG_20230329_191932964~2.jpg

IMG_20230329_191855920~2.jpg

Edited by gfdan
Typing error
  • Like 2

• gfdan changed the title to Neglected but not forgotten. The 2nd resurrection of my 78 GF
6 hours ago, gfdan said:

I'm not even going to contemplate the "right or wrong" of it.

Right or wrong of what? As long as you aren't a danger to others on the road then enjoy your car and do as you wish with it. It's nothing for anyone else to judge. I stopped fussing about how perfect my classics should be and enjoy them more than ever.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...