AAaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh.....

DSCF2395.JPG

Woow...............

DSCF2396.JPG

"Thats so KOOOOL!!"

DSCF2398.jpg

Oh so sexy....

DSCF2401.jpg

Hey, isnt that body kit on correctly? Hey, that turbo peice on the rear door is back on too.

The coil overs were not too hard. Just had to modify the top peice by drilling out the spot welds on the two peices on either side that effectivly hold in rubber bushings, and then weld that washer on, and install the nuts. one top, and that one you see on the bottom. The bottom of the carrara damper is direct bold in...but you need some spacer/shims...i put a 3/4" on the inside, and a 1/2" on the outside. Both sides. On the bottom collar setting, with the adjustment as high as it will go...there is about 2 inches of travel...and its a tad too low for everyday use...as the axles are a little at an angle that i dont want. BTW: Those joints get HOT...

There is a snap ring like ring just under the bottom of the collar sitting in a recess in the damper...I will take everything off and move the ring up, and play with some settings with it like that and see if i can get the ride height i want.

it certinly is JUST RIGHT in terms of handling and stiffness for the back. Now I just gotta do the front.....

And incase you guys/gals are wondering...i used 250 lb springs in the back.

So if you want a set like that...for band new parts (which is really the only way to get them, cuz these people dont keep thse parts and 99% of the ones thrown out are NOT useable at all)...it will run you about $400 for all new stuff, all the parts you need to do it. i got these items from wrecked cars and parts that no one wanted...so it has cost me nothing so far....but there are top hats for the springs that I need to pay for and the spacers I might need to fork over some $ for those as well....those are used too, so I dont expect to be charged more than $20 in total. Oh, the NEW dampers would be Bilstein units.

Also, i took the screen mesh out of the scoop...i looked gay.

15 inch pugs are on the way, and some of these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=ECSTA+711&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=25HR5E711&fromCompare1=yes

or these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=VictoRacer+V700&vehicleSearch=false&partnum=25ZR5V700&fromCompare1=yes

Or...maybe these:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Kumho&tireModel=Ecsta+V710&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&partnum=05WR5EV710

i have not decided on putting R compunds on the rims for autox/track stuff...or jsut a street tire...or both. I woudl go for the Khumo 711 anyhow. the 711 is a great all around tire. If i put the 225 on...i will be autoxing that.

Don't want the ecsta 712s? they handle very well ;)

I'm interested in how your gonna handle flaring your fenders, or trimming them for the pug rims as there's no way in hell they'll fit with your ride lowered like that...but I'm sure you know that :grin:

Car is shaping up really well Will, almost makes me wish I wasn't in tropical paradise LOL Are you leaving the body kit black?

The 712's suck on autcross and track so ive been told...and I like the tread build of the 711 better. Plus, they are low in price.

I dont plan on trimming anything...they and the tires WILL fit just fine. the front is actually going to be raised a TEEEENY bit soon....

The body kit will be black until i repaint the car. PURE WHITE....whats black above the midline will be black...whatever is chrome or not black up there will stay chrome or get chromed.

If you notice the front air dam...it pointed up some...once i correct that...it will be even sweeter! :banana:

Oh and thanks for the complement!

What will you do to make the pugs fit under your fenders..mine stick out front and back, front more than the back..the pug offset is extreme...

I'm a little curious about theis as well.. At stock height, my pugs have rubbed a number of times when under load.

I dont plan on trimming anything...they and the tires WILL fit just fine. the front is actually going to be raised a TEEEENY bit soon....

good luck, my pugs rub in the back if i hit a speed bump or anything like that, and they have 205 / 60 R15's. i know some 50's would be nice, but if lowered i think they would still rub.

i think you would be better off if you did a 6 lug and some old mazda or nissan wheels.

just my oppinion.

but it deffantly looks killer, if you dont mind i will be copying you on some things. hopefully you can give me some advice when iget there.

-=suberdave=-

Here is how you gain extra tire clearance:

Get a 2 inch diameter metal pipe, about a foot in length. Get 2 of your heaviest friends. Take the car out of gear and leave the parking brake off. Have both friends sit on therear fo the car, then place metal pipe between tire and fender, roll car forwards and backwards slowly until the fender is stretched out a bit.

I used to have a set of XT-120's and when the rear of the car bottomed out the tires would rub. My local tire place showed me how to do this, worked great. You cant see the difference except that it clears now.